British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
blakeyboy

20th century 'scrap' bronze pile- variety hunt?

Hello there

I have about 20-30 kg of the sort of stuff that was in your pocket in the 1960's.

No, not that, I mean bronze coinage.

I have been an avid Victorian variety finder for years, and have a nice 20th Century folder, but all these new 20th Century micro varieties 

are a bit of a grey area. The tub of coins is at my blacksmiths- he wants to make something artistic with them.

Before he does this, would anyone out there want to trawl the lot for any of the new varieties that have come to light over the last few years?

I know the pile has no obvious useful value coins in it, but as regards new varieties, it is totally unsearched.

( I wish my spelchek didn't keep putting 'unstarched'...)

Now I know that the word 'unsearched' on fleabay is often cause for hilarity, but in this case it's true...

I'm near Milton Keynes.

Regards

Blake

• Like 1

I'd love to mooch through that lot but unfortunately your miles away. Happy hunting though. Good ☘ luck you never know there could be a gem in amongst them. 

Stu. 

I'm not a million miles away (south oxon) and find that offer rather tantalising...........