Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/08/2026 in Posts

  1. In this example the letters, especially the W & A, and also the obverse legend is wrong for starters! Maybe a Class 5-style pellet on chest, not sure? I don’t have the coin in-hand, yet, but would probably be looking to sell it anyway. Can anyone share some insight into it? I know very little about the continental imitations themselves?
    1 point
  2. It has a bit but its only a minuscule hole i think. It's looking promising for that rare one though Fingers crossed 🤞 Stu.
    1 point
  3. I may have jumped the gun, labelling this an imitation sterling! I’ve since discovered there’s actually a known class 9a coin with an ANL error and pellet on the breast, which is footnoted as extremely rare. I’d need to get a look at it in-hand…I’d be hoping that the S is top-tilted (it currently looks like it could be a mix of serifs)! We’ll see
    1 point
  4. Sorry I cant help, However..... interesting find....I will be waiting for the others to chip in with assistance 👍
    1 point
  5. Your copper penny is in fact NOT COPPER its made of an alloy called bronze
    1 point
  6. Definitely some date-widths (or differing tooth numbers on the entire obverse itself) going on there…clear differences imho! One caveat, however, my knowledge is seriously lacking in this area! Narrow-date top, wide-date bottom? Or is that too hopeful, too exciting?
    1 point
  7. Never a dull moment on here. Always some drama 😆
    1 point
  8. Might just be the pictures but another difference could be the 9 in the top image looks closer to being closed and the other 9 looks more open.
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...