British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Jordan0693

olympic coins and commomwealth coins wanted

thousands on ebay

Take your time and insist on BU. Many are not.

Mark

Mark

"Sound" advice from Mark, Jordan :)

Mark

"Sound" advice from Mark, Jordan :)

Having offered a full set of sealed as issued in the folder with completer medallion which wasn't taken up, I would think that collecting from circulation is the next best thing as each would only cost you 50p. As Mark said, eBay is full of BU (not) items and if not in sealed original packaging a picture can tell a thousand words, but hide a hell of a lot more. Collecting from circulation will avoid this potential pitfall.

Good advice re collecting from circulation, however my fiancé has been trying to get taekwondo and football from circulation (her last two) for several months. We'd resorted to withdrawing large sums of 50p pieces from the bank without much joy. In the end I bought them off ebay for about £1.50 each incl P&P. I think the trouble is that the majority have now been snapped up! Commonwealth 50p are easy as muck and I also picked up my first Kitchener £2 yesterday! Happy days!