British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Danelaw

Victoria 1869 penny.

Had this up from the river today. Is it worth putting on e bay? What price should I aim for?

post-7359-024559100 1355779317_thumb.jpg

post-7359-077616700 1355779332_thumb.jpg

Vorredend but still a lot of derail. Maybe £300-£400

Vorredend but still a lot of derail. Maybe £300-£400

I'm an esquire of Voldemort rather than Vorredend, so I'd naturally say that Dave is overestimating quite a bit here :D Seriously, it ought to fetch up to a couple of hundred IMO.

Reverse is better.It is in a grade where it could bomb either way.

Some quite good detail, but looks heavily pitted.

Somewhere between £175 and £250, maybe ~ depending on the mood of bidders at the time.

If you do a BIN, I'd go for £200.

Whatever you do, don't set a high starting price to an auction, or you'll have difficulty shifting it.

Edited by 1949threepence

With the detail remaining and with eBay being a funny old place i'm still going with my estimate. P.s, excuse the aye phone spelling, god knows what volder whatever was supposed to mean. Send a link when you List it so we can have a watch at the fun :)

I'd also wait until the 3rd week of January, people tend to get paid on the 4th week, so more people may have a punt. I'd go for auction listing. Spink 2013 has this at 450 quid in VF

Edited by azda

With the detail remaining and with eBay being a funny old place i'm still going with my estimate. P.s, excuse the aye phone spelling, god knows what volder whatever was supposed to mean. Send a link when you List it so we can have a watch at the fun :)

I'd also wait until the 3rd week of January, people tend to get paid on the 4th week, so more people may have a punt. I'd go for auction listing. Spink 2013 has this at 450 quid in VF

Judging by the V and C being adjacent keys, could you have meant "corroded" Dave? (Heaven only knows what the predictive text thought it was coming up with :D ) Certainly that obverse is heavily pitted.

Judging by the V and C being adjacent keys, could you have meant "corroded" Dave? (Heaven only knows what the predictive text thought it was coming up with :D ) Certainly that obverse is heavily pitted.

"Vorredend" is a German word, Peck. It means something like inventing a story to cover something that has happened.

"Vorredend" is a German word, Peck. It means something like inventing a story to cover something that has happened.

:lol:

i always used to try and get either a telegraph or times cryptic crossword to stimulate the old grey matter, daves aye posts provide a suitable alternative with no cost attached. :D

I'm gonna Start charging. Where is the middle Finger icon, need one for 1949s himourous post :)

himourous post

Vorredend :D

one like this dave?

post-5911-083691500 1355949493_thumb.gif

Thats the bugger

I'm gonna Start charging. Where is the middle Finger icon, need one for 1949s himourous post :)

one like this dave?

post-5911-083691500 1355949493_thumb.gif

Thats the bugger

ha ha ha :P

i always used to try and get either a telegraph or times cryptic crossword to stimulate the old grey matter, daves aye posts provide a suitable alternative with no cost attached. :D

You're good. The crusader crtyptic in the Express is about my limit ;)

Just started this E Bay malarkey. I have a question...do I include Worldwide to post to, or keep it in the U.K.? Any other advice would be grateful. Thanks.

Just started this E Bay malarkey. I have a question...do I include Worldwide to post to, or keep it in the U.K.? Any other advice would be grateful. Thanks.

I always post worlwide, bigger audience. Don't forget to tick the ebay.com visibility

There are certain countries where buyers always (it seems) pull a fast one with claims of non-arrival. There are people here who would tell which countries to specifically avoid, and you would also do well to insist on tracked postage in all cases.

I use Airsure wich Tracks to the door worldwide and insured costing £10

Avoid China and India...Hang about list US and Canada,Aus & NZ plus Western Europe....stuff the rest.India....ARRGGGGG nightmare.

I always post worlwide, bigger audience. Don't forget to tick the ebay.com visibility

Is this the service eBay charge an extra fee for now (10p I think?)? I tried this for a couple of month's about 9 months ago (about 140 BIN&BO in total over the 2 months), and didn't find any difference in sales. Have you had a better experience with it?

Sign in to follow this