British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Heads up lads and ladies,

Bernie Workman emailed me last night, he is putting part of his collection up

for sale through Colin Cookes website.

Bernie has one of the most comprehensive collection of 1860-1953 Bronze pennies

I personally know, so I've asked Bernie for a little more detail/ highlights, for

the meantime I have attached the link sent to me.

http://www.colincooke.com/index.html

Definately one for the diary

Regards

John

fantastic even if i can't afford anything will be a great referance

Is this to be another of their 'last man standing' format auctions like the Tony Crocker sale ?

I'm guessing it must be.

Is this to be another of their 'last man standing' format auctions like the Tony Crocker sale ?

I'm guessing it must be.

"last man standing" auction ?

Anyway, it certainly looks very interesting. Who knows there might be a high grade 1926 ME penny worth fighting over, if you've a spare couple of grand floating about.

Yes. You have until a certain date to register your interest in a lot and then after the closing date, it's between you and whoever else has entered the minimum starting bid. You then keep going backwards and forwards until everyone else gives up and you are the last man standing. Can go on for a week or more.

Yes. You have until a certain date to register your interest in a lot and then after the closing date, it's between you and whoever else has entered the minimum starting bid. You then keep going backwards and forwards until everyone else gives up and you are the last man standing. Can go on for a week or more.

Oh right, thanks for that.

Presumably the winner is the one whose bid still stands after say, 24 hours, with no further rival bids ? ~ and that everybody is still in the race until that point.

Presumably the winner is the one whose bid still stands after say, 24 hours, with no further rival bids ? ~ and that everybody is still in the race until that point.

From memory, last time I got an email every time I was outbid asking me if I wanted to continue. I think there must be a time limit if they don't hear from you, can't remember what it is though.

From memory, last time I got an email every time I was outbid asking me if I wanted to continue. I think there must be a time limit if they don't hear from you, can't remember what it is though.

I think it's called "taking the piss"

I'll save my money for auctions where I know when it ends and where my first bid is my only bid (whether highest lowest or derisory compared to others).

Some nice looking stuff so good luck to those of you who put yourselves forward for the hassle!

I'll save my money for auctions where I know when it ends and where my first bid is my only bid (whether highest lowest or derisory compared to others).

Some nice looking stuff so good luck to those of you who put yourselves forward for the hassle!

Where's the coins? I see the announcement but can't see a link to view the coins

Where's the coins? I see the announcement but can't see a link to view the coins

There was a sneak preview ad in Coin News Dave.

I'm guessing it must be.

Anyway, it certainly looks very interesting. Who knows there might be a high grade 1926 ME penny worth fighting over, if you've a spare couple of grand floating about.

1926 Modified Effigy in ~BU lower estimate £2000 in part 2 auction :rolleyes:

There was a sneak preview ad in Coin News Dave.

I was wondering the same thing. Why on earth in Coin News? Why not put the coins up on the website to pique our interest? What good is it in a magazine that probably many of us never bother to look at?

Heads up lads and ladies,

Bernie Workman emailed me last night, he is putting part of his collection up

for sale through Colin Cookes website.

Bernie has one of the most comprehensive collection of 1860-1953 Bronze pennies

I personally know, so I've asked Bernie for a little more detail/ highlights, for

the meantime I have attached the link sent to me.

http://www.colincooke.com/index.html

Definately one for the diary

Regards

John

Bernie emailed earlier, need to correct with the following

It is my son James’s collection that is up for auction, mainly accumulated by me. There are many extremely rare and pennies of the highest grade on offer.

There are 243 pennies in the collection of which will be sold in two auctions

Any idea of the split/date for part II ?

I know you're not Colin Cooke's and don't have to do their job for them, but would be useful to know ?

By split, I mean is part I going to be, say, Buns from 1860-1894 for example....

I know you're not Colin Cooke's and don't have to do their job for them, but would be useful to know ?

By split, I mean is part I going to be, say, Buns from 1860-1894 for example....

Unfortunately I do not have that info, but will email Bernie.

He did say catalogues will be available soon from Cookes, so

I will email Neil at the same time.

I'm guessing it must be.

1926 Modified Effigy in ~BU lower estimate £2000 in part 2 auction :rolleyes:

I'll look forward to seeing a pic of it :ph34r:

John, will you be able to give us the heads up when the catalogue is available ? Cheers :)B)

John, will you be able to give us the heads up when the catalogue is available ? Cheers :)B)

Bernie has just emailed me

Hello All,

James’s penny collection part 1, now viewable at Colin Cooke website,

Bernie

Bernie has just emailed me

Hello All,

James’s penny collection part 1, now viewable at Colin Cooke website,

Bernie

Cheers John B)

Some excellent coins in there. Wish my father did the same for me way back then, my son will hopefully appreciate the ones i buy for him 1 day. Never see any like that on ebay, he does say his father bought from there also.

Excellent, that's my morning taken care of then.....

Some very fine quality stock there. I've bid on a couple.

Anybody else made any bids yet ?

Yup, me me me lol

Some excellent coins in there. Wish my father did the same for me way back then, my son will hopefully appreciate the ones i buy for him 1 day. Never see any like that on ebay, he does say his father bought from there also.

Never seen nor heard of that dot on trident 1922 before

David