British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

I suppose classic Britannia on cu and bronze floats my boat.1/4d's & 1/2d's 1672-1936 

Scott i hope you have got the sanding belt on your 1972 proof set to make them feel at home.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

So there are two of us at least then Peter….. ;)

17 minutes ago, declan03 said:

Mm, yes, that wording is a bit cheeky, isn't it.

Still, if someone actually thought they were going to get all those pre 1947 tanners for £20 then more fool them.

Haha....i very nearly shoved in a last minute bid!! ?

18 minutes ago, declan03 said:

With a description to suit all collector types -

'Rare aquatics lines on face 50p (gap filler) mint condition very shiny, '

Not too many mint condition gap fillers about, unless that is, the seller knows it isn't genuine. Perish the thought.

• Like 1

I see it went for 51 quid!

1 hour ago, DaveG38 said:

Otherwise OK then.

Well, you know what you're getting. :D

Ebay is awash with them. Looks like they're the new fake kew gardens. 

1 hour ago, Rob said:

With a description to suit all collector types -

'Rare aquatics lines on face 50p (gap filler) mint condition very shiny, '

Not too many mint condition gap fillers about, unless that is, the seller knows it isn't genuine. Perish the thought.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-RARE-2011-Aquatic-Lines-on-Face-Underwater-50p-Swimming-Olympic-Coin-Kew-/172834655605?hash=item283dbf8d75:g:WlIAAOSwKoRZYkjm

the old relative type source of acquisition lol, fake as a nine bob note 

""I Believe these Coins were Only Released in Presentation Packs, Hence the Condition. THERE ARE 600 ONLY. I Received this coin Alongside many Others, both Rare & Common, from an Elderly Collector who had Recently passed. """

6 hours ago, craigy said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-RARE-2011-Aquatic-Lines-on-Face-Underwater-50p-Swimming-Olympic-Coin-Kew-/172834655605?hash=item283dbf8d75:g:WlIAAOSwKoRZYkjm

the old relative type source of acquisition lol, fake as a nine bob note 

""I Believe these Coins were Only Released in Presentation Packs, Hence the Condition. THERE ARE 600 ONLY. I Received this coin Alongside many Others, both Rare & Common, from an Elderly Collector who had Recently passed. """

He's sold 5 so far. :(

• Like 1

The elderly gent must have passed away laughing at those mugs paying £50 odd quid ???

8 hours ago, declan03 said:

The first release has risen in price, the 2nd crashed and burned, but still a stupid price for these

Edited by azda
  • Like 1

He seems to have all different weights on his other listings Rob. The buyers seem wary enough, but throwing away £100+ on a chance its legitimate is a bit of a risk.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1902-sovereing/322692170352?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Throwing away £100 pounds because you won't spend a fiver on a cheap set of scales isn't too clever either.

Haha true!! Although the 1902 looks like  one of those replicas on sale on ebay for £5!!