British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
PWA 1967

Can you post please.

5 hours ago, RLC35 said:

What about a gas ML350 without the 4-Matic? They should be reasonable in Germany.

Mercedes-Benz: SLS AMG Base Coupe 2-Door Here you go Azda, the new Gull Wing...$495,000!

6 hours ago, TomGoodheart said:

I only post when something interests me.  Which tends to only be in my rather narrow collecting area I'm afraid ...

And to keep on topic, the turbo in my Skoda might need replacing.  Not as pricy as a new car, I know.  But ..    :(

Richard,I had a turbo go on a company car years ago,The turbo was replaced but it was never the same.Soon the bu**er blew up completely.  If properly maintained it should outlast the engine. I firmly believe the garage who serviced the car were useless. After one service they left the sump plug not tightened and I lost my oil on the M11.

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

Richard,I had a turbo go on a company car years ago,The turbo was replaced but it was never the same.Soon the bu**er blew up completely.  If properly maintained it should outlast the engine. I firmly believe the garage who serviced the car were useless. After one service they left the sump plug not tightened and I lost my oil on the M11.

I had a turbo problem on my Audi Q5 about 6 years ago. The turbo would simply shut itself down and you had to stop the car and start it again to get it working. Turned out it was a software problem. The dealer installed a new release of the (presumably) turbo software and the problem went away never to return. We are now on our second Q5 2.0T and very happy with it.

2 hours ago, RLC35 said:

Mercedes-Benz: SLS AMG Base Coupe 2-Door Here you go Azda, the new Gull Wing...$495,000!

10 a Penny here Bob :rolleyes: i might pop into The city tomorrow with my camera. All the luxury car dealerships are in a small area

Edited by azda
  • Like 1

Check out this garage forecourt in Germany

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

I had a turbo problem on my Audi Q5 about 6 years ago. The turbo would simply shut itself down and you had to stop the car and start it again to get it working. Turned out it was a software problem. The dealer installed a new release of the (presumably) turbo software and the problem went away never to return. We are now on our second Q5 2.0T and very happy with it.

My exhaust fault light went on.  My garage were busy so I took it to a place that do performance retuning.  They checked it and say it's the actuator which, if it was a newer model would just need replacing, but as mine is an early version might entail the whole thing.  They are checking to see if they can source a repair kit, so fingers crossed ..

Richard...The turbo and bits should be readily available from a scrapper...Check with your garage as well. Could save you a few shillings.;)

Ah, thanks Peter!  Good idea!

My daughter was quoted £1200 for repairs to her Astra engine. I checked the internet/Vauxhall forums and discovered similar/identical problems.Not so easy fix but got it done for less than £400. I lent her Mrs Peters old car whilst hers was being fixed which she duly wrote off. Nothing seems to be straight forward but hey...money is for spending.