British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
guydaniels

6 coins value

ok i have got 6 english coins here and i want to know if there is any valuie in them

1) a 1974 half new penny (i know a bit of info about this coin it was in use for only 3-4 years because the value was so small)

2) a 1968 10p (the big size ones)

3) a 1976 10p (the big size ones)

4) 2 1980 50p (the big size ones)

5) a (two dates) 1992 1993 50p (the big size ones) (no date on front but 2 dates on the back commertive?)

ok, these wont be woth very much, unless they are in perfect condition, about 50p each maybe. The 50p coins i am not sure about. they are probably commemoratives. Could you describe the design on them or post a picture?

1) a 1974 half new penny (i know a bit of info about this coin it was in use for only 3-4 years because the value was so small)

They were minted until 1984.

and the other two are the same as normal 50ps except they are bigger remember they resized

The 50p you have there is a proof...........if it is a silver proof then it is worth £30, if it is twice as thick as an old 50p then it is worth £50 and if it is just a proof then it is worth £5-£9.

THe 1993 50p you have celebrates Britain's Presidency of the Council of European Community Ministers and completion of the Single Market. Just a normal one pulled from circulation is worth £7 but only in the best, tip top condition. I reckon yours will be somewhere around the £2 mark but a picture would allow more accurate grading.