British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
josie

Inquiry fake,replica,real. 1735 guinea

Just bought a gold coin that what an antique dealer told me ,not her field of expertise,

dont know if it is real one slightly smaller than 50 eurocents almost the same weight looked at the web they are near ,it must be a giunea, slightly smaller not full center stuck,some line on the edge spiral or going downward,

not in to this kind of collection,very old, just happen I came by into it so, I bougth it even if it is a replica or a fake there is nothing I can do about it,cannot post picture my wife computer is on the shop for repair,

what are the pointers in Identifying the three,fake,replica and real,

compare thier weigth just one of the member advice to hold it in small finger almost not sure exactly near or same weigth as 50 eurocents.

post-813-1163261489_thumb.jpgpost-813-1163261510_thumb.jpgpost-813-1163261523_thumb.jpgHere is the picture, I did measure using a ruler the result of the diameter is 23 and 24 mm average of 23.5 that is the best I can do.

Looks okay to me, just polished to death.

Guest Guest

Thank you EMP, the lady polished it hard more likely she live a nail mark.

Thank you EMP, the lady polished it hard more likely she live a nail mark.

This one i bought 35 euro if it is a fake I be watchfull next time. but its okay taking some risk sometimes and learned.

So far with the image size being rather diminutive I notice nothing out of the ordinary for such a piece, so it looks good, and if you paid €35 all the better.

Thanks scot

Antique dealers sell coin to dealers but not gold

they left it to thier shop this one I encounter going to the mainstreet of greystones during one weekend, but sovereign is high price or just on what they are selling planning to buy a 1914 soveriegn next time for 140 euro with bracet if I have the money.