Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

Paddy

Accomplished Collector
  • Posts

    2,307
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    171

Everything posted by Paddy

  1. My folder Hologram starts with an L and the barcode ends 5360 and does indeed include the yellow writing for the completer medallion. As far as I can see the individual packets have holograms all starting with the L, but the gold plated completer medallion has an LA number - I did get it separately and much later. The barcode for this one ends 9664. I hope that helps!
  2. Sorry for the rant before - I had struggled and got nowhere! The problem I encountered was that having tried to drag and drop an over size image to the appropriate area and got the error message, the system would not "forget" the failed attempt, so even after I had adjusted the image down, when I tried again to upload it it errored again. I could only get out of it by abandoning the post and coming back to it later - not ideal. I still think the 500k limit is too low, and the method of selecting images to upload at Cointalk far easier to use. As a result their forum has far more images uploaded and so makes more interesting and informative reading.
  3. I know a bit about the coins but not much about the folders! I have one folder with the writing for the completer medallion present - let me know what you want to know about it. I have discovered recently that there were two versions of the completer medallion even before the coin hunt version came out - one white metal and one gold coloured. I have not found any mention of this with the Royal Mint, nor any difference in the packaging, so if you know any more I would appreciate the info!
  4. Of course if you want a really rare £2 coin, you need the mono-metallic trial coin from 1994. I was lucky enough to pick this up about 10 years ago before people really cottoned on to it.
  5. Forgive me if this has been asked before - I have only recently returned to this forum after a few years out but: Why do we have a 500k limit on pictures? Why do we have such a lousy and complex way of posting pictures? I am also a member at both Cointalk and Treasurenet which have neither the limits, nor the complex upload process - why can't we do it like them? I have just spent a fruitless 30 minutes trying to upload a simple picture which I have already used easily at Cointalk. After fiddling with it endlessly until it told me it was 474k it still wouldn't paste into the image area - a pop telling me I couldn't upload more than 501k - which I was already well under!
  6. Thanks for that Rob - that is brilliant! Now you have pointed it out it is as plain as a pikestaff. Thanks again.
  7. My first post here, so please be kind! I recently acquired the attached coin. It came to me loosely identified as Edward the Elder, but after careful examination and comparison in JJ North's book, I suspect it is Eadred (or possibly Eadgar) with the HT1 reverse. The problem is I cannot make any of the moneyers listed fit with the words on the reverse. Can anyone help me nail this one down?
×
×
  • Create New...