British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
MACKSILKY.

Help Id reverse on 1910 ed penny?

Just a quick one guys can anyone help me Id the reverse on this 1910 penny. Just bought this so haven't got the coin in hand so I can only go off the scans provided by the seller. It doesn't! Look like reverse e (freeman) cheers jim.

post-8127-0-41297300-1420327589_thumb.jp

Just going off the scan provided by the seller, the date numerals look like reverse D unlisted by freeman. The first one seems to point to a space.

• Like 1

Just going off the scan provided by the seller, the date numerals look like reverse D unlisted by freeman. The first one seems to point to a space.

To me it lookd like it is pointing directly at a tooth.... Difficult to be certain of anything from the image.... especially on a cell phone screen....

Bronze look at the second one it appears to be directly over the tooth, but like I say only going off the sellers scan.

London coins 2+e

Look at the date numerals in relation to the teeth and the sea level to the right of the Knees.

post-8127-0-19818500-1420334730_thumb.jp

post-8127-0-36065600-1420334992_thumb.jp

Hi can you also send me a pound for using my coin in your pictures the c.g.s. one is mine .

Be lucky.

Pete.

Cant see any difference sorry ,although its keeping me awake.Been looking at loads and cant see anything .I will have the monster munch anyway BEEF

To me it lookd like it is pointing directly at a tooth.... Difficult to be certain of anything from the image.... especially on a cell phone screen....

Agreed, pointing at a tooth for me also. Best to wait until in hand

The tide does look slightly higher. Is that the difference?

The tide does look slightly higher. Is that the difference?

Or is it my eyes playing up after hours of staring at the coins

I just printer out both images, tried to overlay them....

compared side by side....

I don't see a difference....

However, with the quality and fuzziness of the poorer image, one can not really be sure....

I tend to notice that the serifs on the lettering oar not as clear.... The lower serif on the 2nd 1 in the date is not clearly visible, giving the impression that it is over the tooth....

Best to wait for the coin in hand, take better pics and then compare....

Thanks guy's it's prob's my eyes again and wishful thinking :D. Coin should arrive early next week, will let you know when i get it in hand. Great forum.

Cheers again jim.

Sorry guy's the coin came today, it's just the norm freeman 2+E. Best to have coin in hand.

Thank's all anyway for your help and comments.

Regards jim.