British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  

Here she is all proud and regal

MD607x2.jpg

And just 60 years later and she looks like she's sick of holding that olive branch and is just hoping someone will take it off her!

MD608x2.jpg

:lol:

Edited by TomGoodheart

MD607x2.jpg

And just 60 years later and she looks like she's sick of holding that olive branch and is just hoping someone will take it off her!

MD608x2.jpg

Superb Richard! :D Methinks you are loving your coins at the moment! :)

MD607x2.jpg

MD608x2.jpg

Though I have to say that I LOVE that Geo III engraving of Britannia!

MD607x2.jpg

MD608x2.jpg

Get orf my coins :)

Well they've only just been listed (assuming Peter hasn't spent all his claret money!) on Antony Wilson's site if anyone is interested. http://www.yorkcoins.com/septi2012newads.htm

Well they've only just been listed (assuming Peter hasn't spent all his claret money!) on Antony Wilson's site if anyone is interested. http://www.yorkcoins.com/septi2012newads.htm

blue nun,thunder bird with a splash of bulls blood for the rest of the month.No honestly I haven't been tempted.Thanks for the heads up.Last time you did this (John Newman) I was :)

blue nun,thunder bird with a splash of bulls blood for the rest of the month.No honestly I haven't been tempted.Thanks for the heads up.Last time you did this (John Newman) I was :)

I ended up buying that perfect little martlet penny from John Newman, very pleased!

I ended up buying that perfect little martlet penny from John Newman, very pleased!

I bought a nice 1679 1/4d. :) very,very pleased.

I think that's the fun of here. Exchanging ideas and knowledge is good, but it's also nice to let others know when we see something that might be of interest.

Particularly when it's not a series we ourselves collect. :P

Oh yes and thank you to all of you who keep pointing engraved coins out to me too! :)

Is there any significance to the direction in which Britannia faces?

Is there any significance to the direction in which Britannia faces?

I don't think so. She always faced to our left, but then switched to right facing after the Great Recoinage of 1816, and has done ever since I believe.