British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Debbie

Hello

Sorry Threepence - meant to do this!1905 shilling

The more I look at that 1/- the more I'm convinced its wrong.

Has anyone dropped a note to the buyer (& seller)? I have a feeling this is all innocent.It would be interesting to trace the history of this coin.

Interesting, the changed 5 example I posted earlier also came from Devon, though it was over 6 years ago. :ph34r:

Sorry Threepence - meant to do this!1905 shilling

The more I look at that 1/- the more I'm convinced its wrong.

Has anyone dropped a note to the buyer (& seller)? I have a feeling this is all innocent.It would be interesting to trace the history of this coin.

I know for certain that this coin has been bought (and returned) on eBay before, but not whether the seller is the same. However, in both cases the seller was from Plymouth, Devon.

As we're on the subject of shillings and fakes (not that I'm thread jacking at all!) someone might be interested in this trio of modern replica Charles I shillings for sale on eBay. I've reported them as fake too, but don't expect anything to happen ...

Three replica shillings

post-129-095605600 1323529469_thumb.jpg

I know for certain that this coin has been bought (and returned) on eBay before, but not whether the seller is the same. However, in both cases the seller was from Plymouth, Devon.

Not that it's enough to condemn the chap, but I do know he operates under about a dozen different usernames, for some reason...

Edited by declanwmagee

Thanks, Debbie, thanks Nick! Another one in the grey matter that hopefully won't catch me out!