50 Years of RotographicPredecimal.com. British Numismatic Trade Association Member - One of the most popular websites on British coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Collectors' Coins Great Britain 2014 Standard Guide to Grading British Coins British and Empire Campaign Medals 1793 to 1902British and Irish Campaign Medals 1902 to 2010England's Striking History Roman Base Metal Coins - A Price Guide Roman Silver Coins - A Price Guide  Available for Kindle Available as .epub
The Current Rotographic printed book titles on Amazon. Click the Kindle icon above to see the Rotographic range for Kindle. Click the .epub icon to purchase as .epub direct from Rotographic.

50 Years of RotographicRotographic.com Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals.
Photo

Edward Vll penny with stop after N in ONE?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Coins4u

Coins4u

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

Edward Vll penny with stop after N in ONE.......I found one of these after seeing one go on ebay about 2 years ago (thats a guess) :) ......and I found another one just recently. I have been checking ebay and dealers but so far I have only been able to find these two. I know that there are these kinds of errors on the 1897 penny and the 1946 penny.

I have not been able to post pictures I dont know why though!

This isn't just a forum - Purchase British coins, collecting accessories and books on www.predecimal.com

#2 Hussulo

Hussulo

Happy to be here!

• Numismatic Research Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:50 PM

Edward Vll penny with stop after N in ONE.......I found one of these after seeing one go on ebay about 2 years ago (thats a guess) :) ......and I found another one just recently. I have been checking ebay and dealers but so far I have only been able to find these two. I know that there are these kinds of errors on the 1897 penny and the 1946 penny.

Yep picture systems down.
I'd really like to see it. WHy don't you upload your pis to here:
http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/
Then once uploaded on allyoucanupload.webshots.com keep clicking on your image till it shows full size.
Then highlight, right click on the mouse copy the WWW. adress from the top.
On the reply section on this forum click on the tree picture icon. Paste the address post your reply and presto:

Posted Image
CoinsGB   Gold Sovereign -  Free British coin reference websites. Coin Forum

#3 Coins4u

Coins4u

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:36 PM

Then once uploaded on allyoucanupload.webshots.com keep clicking on your image till it shows full size.
On the reply section on this forum click on the tree picture icon. Paste the address post your reply and presto:

Posted Image

Thanks i'll give it a shot!!!

#4 Coins4u

Coins4u

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

Posted Image

Thanks i'll give it a shot!!!

Here are the pictures hope they are helpfull. Thanks for the help Hussulo. :)

http://aycu10.websho...91884360_rs.jpg

http://aycu16.websho...89451390_rs.jpg

#5 Hussulo

Hussulo

Happy to be here!

• 1,169 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:48 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

No problem.
To post them like I have above just highlight the address ie. http://aycu16.websho...89451390_rs.jpg right click on the mouse copy it.
Then on the reply section on this forum click on the green tree picture icon. Paste the address post into the box that says "Enter the complete ERL for the image" , click ok . Post your reply.

Edited by Hussulo, 24 July 2007 - 09:50 PM.

CoinsGB   Gold Sovereign -  Free British coin reference websites. Coin Forum

#6 Bronze & Copper Collector

Bronze & Copper Collector

Important part of the furniture

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Interests:Bronze & Copper Pennies, Half Pennies, & Farthings

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:11 AM

I have one in my collection and know of 2 or 3 more.....

#7 Coins4u

Coins4u

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:03 AM

Hi Bronze & Copper Collector is your penny in good grade? so far the three i've seen have been pretty poor.

#8 Bronze & Copper Collector

Bronze & Copper Collector

Important part of the furniture

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Interests:Bronze & Copper Pennies, Half Pennies, & Farthings

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:28 PM

Hi Bronze & Copper Collector is your penny in good grade? so far the three i've seen have been pretty poor.

Low grade also......

#9 RLC35

RLC35

Hoosier

• 1,104 posts
  • Interests:Copper/Bronze..UK, Australia, Ireland, USA.

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

That appears to be a high mintage penny, but for some reason, I only have one (1) of them, the one in my set. It does not have the dot noted.

Bob C.