British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

On 11/18/2023 at 9:53 AM, Coinery said:

Quick question: what does RCB refer to from the 40s?

Also, a useful document, that I’m sure you’ve all seen before, so forgive me, I’m simply sharing it here to log it for myself :)

https://www.britnumsoc.org/images/BIOGRAPHIES/6_Coin_Tikts/Coin-Tickets-Main-List-008.pdf

Ahh, just bumped into a little issue with the attached document…it isn’t all of the entrants that have dates!

Any thoughts on where Owen sits in the timeframe?

Edited by Coinery

Tim Owen is still dealing. I messaged him the other day and he said he largely sells to other dealers at coin fairs. So he may have sold to Steve Hill who then passed it on to CC, but hard to tell if there are no clues on the tickets.

Tim's tickets seem to come up fairly frequently and generally on decent pieces. Again, Rob is likely to know how long he's been dealing. More than 20 years at least, surely.

Oh, and Gary has updated the article. This (I believe) is the latest (#11) Additional Coin Tickets Version 11

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TomGoodheart said:

Tim Owen is still dealing. I messaged him the other day and he said he largely sells to other dealers at coin fairs. So he may have sold to Steve Hill who then passed it on to CC, but hard to tell if there are no clues on the tickets.

Tim's tickets seem to come up fairly frequently and generally on decent pieces. Again, Rob is likely to know how long he's been dealing. More than 20 years at least, surely.

Oh, and Gary has updated the article. This (I believe) is the latest (#11) Additional Coin Tickets Version 11

Superb, many thanks again, and great re the updated document :)

I think you’d be right about the supply scenario…I believe Tim’s name comes up as provenance, presumably on the back of SH’s ticket?