British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

bhx7

clogs, die faults, et al.

Or should it be... ON'E :D

I noticed it when writing the title, the dot flaws go in order;

O'NE 1897

ON'E 1909

ONE' 1946

Now I just need a 'ONE FLAW :D

• Like 2

Just managed to buy this little beauty. Will take better pics when it arrives. A great example of a filled 2 on a 1932 penny.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_$_3(11).jpg

• Like 2

Wow, that is a beaut, didn't even know of a clogged 2 on a 1932! Nice find Brian!

Any chance you could send a microscope photo to me once you get it, so I can add it to the list? :) 

• Like 1

will do Matt:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Thanks! :D

You've got 2 of the best clogged 2's I've seen, pretty much completely blocked on both.

Pure fluke on this one. Was looking for something else and clicked in by accident. When I saw the date I had to buy it. £1 plus 85p postage. ? Bargain.

A bonus then, and you can't really go wrong at that price. Always nice to get a decent example of something like this for a quid.

• Like 1

Here's my 1920 with the blocked 2. What is more interesting is the 1921 obverse.

Image2.jpg

The only one I have is just partially blocked, but it is aUNC

1920.png.81ea8e4131a9baf381de45f2f3a6a52

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nordle11 said:

@Gary1000, is that not the notorious Freeman 189?

looks like it! colon dots after IMP to tooth - I thought the British Museum coin was regarded as unique???

Mine is a classic F188 with clogged 2 and off-centre reverse strike on a streaky flan, as per Freeman's description

BP%201920%20Af%201_1.jpg

Edited by davidrj
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, davidrj said:

looks like it! colon dots after IMP to tooth - I thought the British Museum coin was regarded as unique???

Mine is a classic F188 with clogged 2 and off-centre reverse strike on a streaky flan, as per Freeman's description

I thought so too, but I suspect something's amiss..

Nice example too, all the classic (error) features of a 1920 :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

I thought so too, but I suspect something's amiss.

Yes, I think Gary is winding us up

• Like 1

Think so too. The 2 coins do look different to me. I was like yourselves sure it was classed as unique!!

2 hours ago, bhx7 said:

Think so too. The 2 coins do look different to me. I was like yourselves sure it was classed as unique!!

I bought it from the bay, thr previous owner thought is was a coin for hiding secret messages in.I noticed it was in fact an unfinished project. I'll post some more pictures tomorrow.

• Like 1

Intrigued to see now Gary.
 Look forward to seeing it!

Come to think of it, the pictures show the obv. and rev. side by side and touching each other, do the 2 halves separate by any chance?

Here it is in all it's glory. I was considdering having it finish by that chap in the US but for the cost it would likely be better to start again with a decent pair of coins. Plus copper doesn't work so well as silver. It's a shame about the different tone each side, that is something I would like to fix but don't wnat to wreck it completely as it's a good novelty item.  To put the two halves together I put the inner one in the freezed for a little while to shrink it.

1920penny.jpg

Edited by Gary1000
  • Like 1

Nice novelty piece. I have a lovely milled out Victorian halfpenny. No secondary piece though. Maybe the start of a similar project or has lost the other half over time. Will post pic later.

I have a similar one too, although it's a 'double head' penny. Also they decided to use 2 different monarchs to create it. You can see on the right where the coin has slotted into the other half.

1.png

I also have a double reverse 1970 proof penny and I can't see the join even under a microscope.

Recieved my blocked "2" 1932 penny today to find it has no blocked "2" and has grown a tooth back!!!!

2 minutes ago, bhx7 said:

Recieved my blocked "2" 1932 penny today to find it has no blocked "2" and has grown a tooth back!!!!

:wacko:

Is it the same coin but pictures were misleading, or a totally different coin?

I am not 100%. Think it is a different reverse but maybe there has been some tweaking. The coin I have has no problems to the teeth to the right below date. The one pictured certainly does. There also seems to be a difference in the area above the foot were there seems to be an imperfection, mine doesn't. However there is a similar mark across the Y of PENNY.

Will take a quick pic for you to compare. Maybe just a bad pic giving, as you say, a misleading image!!!!