British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

sound

Token 2015- Coin Yearbook

Has anyone got a copy. If so could you please let me know the price of a GV 1918KN in UNC please?

Mark

£2K.

Who's been looking at bidding in London Coins next sale then? :ph34r:

• Like 1

Has anyone got a copy. If so could you please let me know the price of a GV 1918KN in UNC please?

Mark

The price of a 1918KN (or any such scarcity) is not really relevant, especially as you seem to have plucked a single price guide 'out of the air' so to speak. A coin like that will go for whatever someone is prepared to pay for it, and if that someone has deep pockets then what it says in price guides can be safely ignored.

Yet on a different occasion, the same coin may go for half the amount as on the first. Your strategy - if bidding - is to bid up to the maximum you are prepared to pay for it, and to hell with the price guides.

Wrong Guys I'm a seller. Just put an outstanding coin up. Just trying to pitch it right Token was £2000 last year..

M

Mark

The price of a 1918KN (or any such scarcity) is not really relevant, especially as you seem to have plucked a single price guide 'out of the air' so to speak. A coin like that will go for whatever someone is prepared to pay for it, and if that someone has deep pockets then what it says in price guides can be safely ignored.

Yet on a different occasion, the same coin may go for half the amount as on the first. Your strategy - if bidding - is to bid up to the maximum you are prepared to pay for it, and to hell with the price guides.

2k ouch

Edited by azda

Will be interesting to see how the London Coins one does. I believe it's the same coin that went for $1500 in Stacks Bowers earlier this year.

Well Mark looks like a nice one :) I would like something that was minted at King's Norton and I do need an original effigy George V penny :rolleyes: How did you get rid of the ghosting and the mushy obverse? ;)

http://www.jncoins.co.uk/JNC/en/bronze-and-copper/265-george-v-bronze-penny-1926.html (The URL slug has 1926 in it but is for the 1918 coin)

george-v-bronze-penny-1926.jpg

Edited by damian1986

Will be interesting to see how the London Coins one does. I believe it's the same coin that went for $1500 in Stacks Bowers earlier this year.

Based on 20% commission that runs at around £1150, so someone i's hoping for a quick large profit. It will be interesting to see where it lands, whats LCs selling commission?

Based on 20% commission that runs at around £1150, so someone i's hoping for a quick large profit. It will be interesting to see where it lands, whats LCs selling commission?

I think 10%. Good on them? it's a bit of a risk as it's gonna have to hammer at just shy of £1300 to break even.

I think 10%. Good on them? it's a bit of a risk as it's gonna have to hammer at just shy of £1300 to break even.

Coming from America There will also be 5% import duty On the initial outlay so it has to sell at around £1400 to break Even. What lot number is it in LCs? Edited by azda

Well Mark looks like a nice one :) I would like something that was minted at King's Norton and I do need an original effigy George V penny :rolleyes: How did you get rid of the ghosting and the mushy obverse? ;)

http://www.jncoins.co.uk/JNC/en/bronze-and-copper/265-george-v-bronze-penny-1926.html (The URL slug has 1926 in it but is for the 1918 coin)

george-v-bronze-penny-1926.jpg

Ah Damian, that's why it's so good.

As has been stated Token have it at £2000, Spink £1450. Think Token are a little high. This one deserves a premium with a reverse like that.

Mark

Coming from America There will also be 5% import duty On the initial outlay so it has to sell at around £1400 to break Even. What lot number is it in LCs?

2994. Estimate is 900 to 1200. See when you factor all that in do you still think they're trying to turn it around quickly? The Stacks auction was actually only August assuming it is the same coin.