British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
richtips86

Interesting piece from Stanley Gibbons

I came across the following today. I just instantly associate anyone who uses the word "portfolio" with being a knobhe@d!!

Ive been asked regularly in recent weeks:

But where are the rare coins?

Since you acquired Baldwins, I expected to see a selection of coins on offer for portfolio diversification, but all your recent posts have been about stamps!

The truth of the matter is, the rare coin market is hot at the moment ever since the New York coin fair in January, sales have been strong - and even a merchant as prestigious and well connected as Baldwins is having to work even harder to find enough material of quality to satisfy both the vibrant collector market as well as an increasing number of interested investors.

Clearly, were doing our best to address this, whilst of course maintaining a strict adherence to quality and rarity, (the key elements which drive the potential for long term growth) - and ensuring we buy at a reasonable price.

Having said all that we have managed to put together a small selection of just such items, rare gold and silver coins from the ancient Egyptian to the Roman to the ancient Greek.

For me, the standout piece is the magnificent gold Aureus of Emperor Commodus (A.D. 177-192). The Aureus is highly sought after due to its rarity and purity - this is a striking portrait of Commodus, still resonating through the centuries, a well struck coin, extremely fine and very rare. Its priced at £38,000 and can be included in portfolio or purchased outright as a keeper.

To register your interest, click here or email investment@stanleygibbons.com.

But as youll see, the face and intricate design of each coin resonates with history and each tells its own story, whether it's the head of Hercules wreathed in a lion skin or Jupiter on the charge, holding a sceptre and hurling a thunderbolt.

Please note this isnt one of those marketing clichés this small selection will disappear fast, so if youre remotely interested, do get in touch as soon as you can.

• Like 1

In fairness i have a PORTFOLIO with stanley gibbons which has been paying much higher interest than any building society would of given me over the last three years.Although mine have been in high quality rare errors of which the chinese have been paying a premium for lately.Just cashed some in after two years and made 11% after fees so more than happy and have an asset with an interest.

Stick your money into Quality.

VF is bollocks.

Come on England I will be too blaugherd soon.Mrs Peter has requested a honey moon shag...that was years ago...prefer a nice hand job with a nice tissue mop up.

Spunkie tish

B):):rolleyes:

If england win i will come for a hand job off mrs P.More chance of being hit by lightning,Although fancy a draw and would be a good result.