British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
azda

Help with Russian 1/4 Kopek, stumped

Bought a Job lot of coins in a case from auction and this one was inside. Its a 1/4 Kopek dated 1899. Looking through Krause all have a crown above the H type design, but this one has a small crown with a small design either side of it, i thought perhaps proof issue but can't see that either. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and p.s, the normal "click to attach files" function button does'nt seem to work

quarterkopekrev.jpg

quarterkopekobv.jpg

Not sure. I see what you mean about the garland thingy, but I'm not sure if it's just the design for that date or signifies a different mint.

Anyway, there are some here Coin Archives for the reference numbers: http://www.coinarchives.com/w/results.php?search=1%2F4+kopek&s=1&results=100

Edit: And I've emailed Chris to tell him about the upload error, though I don't know if he's about at present.

Edited by TomGoodheart

Not sure. I see what you mean about the garland thingy, but I'm not sure if it's just the design for that date or signifies a different mint.

Anyway, there are some here Coin Archives for the reference numbers: http://www.coinarchi...s=1&results=100

Edit: And I've emailed Chris to tell him about the upload error, though I don't know if he's about at present.

Thanks for that Richard, did'nt think to check the archieves dohhhhh. Anyway, the 1st one in that list seems to represent the one i have. Hopefully the Price will be the same to :rolleyes:

ahh yes the denga

standard design for the year if i recall.