British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
alloy

2011 Edinburgh Pound Coin

The Edinburgh Arms Pound seems to be the scarcest of the 4 but recently they have appeared in numbers on eBay.. all from eBay members with low feedback scores...

Would you buy from these... ?

The Edinburgh Arms Pound seems to be the scarcest of the 4 but recently they have appeared in numbers on eBay.. all from eBay members with low feedback scores...

No! It's my experience that sometimes it takes longer for coins to filter through to some areas of the UK than others. The Darwin £2 is hardly scarce, given the numbers on ebay (and certainly not rare!) It might take a bit longer to find a nice example in your change but eventually one will turn up.

Same with these. Personally I've not seen any 2011 £1 coins yet (unlike 2012 copper)! But I'm sure that when they do appear I will be able to find an acceptable example without actually buying one!

I just checked the Royal Mint website, which lists 2011 mintage figures for £2, 50p and 20p, but none for the £1. It may be that it was a late mintage, and therefore they have suddenly started flowing onto eBay?

All I can add is that I got a 2011 shield type in change the other day. Are you sure the Edinburgh ones for sale on ebay aren't just recovered from breaking up sets?

all i found are Belfast by the load.

seems the Florance nightingale £2 have started to appear as well

All I can add is that I got a 2011 shield type in change the other day. Are you sure the Edinburgh ones for sale on ebay aren't just recovered from breaking up sets?

Don't think so as they are offered at starting prices of 99p and selling for under £2 so would not be worth breaking a set.. and if you look some of them look to my eye not very 'sharp' others as if they are using a stock photo......I just do not want a 'Non Royal Mint' coin !

I just checked the Royal Mint website, which lists 2011 mintage figures for £2, 50p and 20p, but none for the £1. It may be that it was a late mintage, and therefore they have suddenly started flowing onto eBay?

The Belfast 2010 coins took a while to enter circulation, then seemed to be everywhere. I managed to get four in my change at once, but it was late 2011 or early 2012, and prior to that I'd only seen them in proof.

G