British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone,

I heard on the news today that people who were born during the summer months are lucky and that people who were born during the winter months are unlucky. What's your views on this and are you lucky?

Penny Master.

Well I was born in June, and found a rare 1823 (with I as 1 in date) farthing wedged inside another hollowed out old farthing the other day.

Sold the coin for £38. Now that's pretty lucky!

i was born in summer :)

I was born in May! Once I found a £20 note in the dark!

I was born in March (15th March) and i'm definitely not lucky. I was born with a Cleft lip and Palate, a lovely picture of which can be found here (not me btw). However, I had a skilled surgeon who rectified, then I went to a cosmetic surgeon and had plastic surgery (how about that - cosmetic surgery at 1!). In all I've had about £100,000 of treatment on my mouth - I've squeezed tons out of the NHS! Once when I was younger i tripped over an umbrella and I had no shoes on and one of my toenails ripped itself off (not a pleasant experience, I can tell you). Well that's all my worst bad luck....never come up on Premium Bonds either :rolleyes:

Thats the first case of bad luck on a lucky person so far today! The most bad luck I have ever had is being dropped on my head when I was a baby, I've got a scar like Harry Potter now! (But not in the same shape though).

Oh I've rolled off tables once or twice when I was a baby :lol:

Hasn't everyone! LOL.

I had to have the nerves in the 2 root canals of a tooth removed yesterday. I spent about an hour and a half having various small pin like files inserted into my roots until all traces of the killed nerves had been removed.

But it was my own fault, not really bad luck. I have good teeth and should have had the tiny hole filled while it was still a tiny hole! So, i have my first filling aged 25.

I had to have the nerves in the 2 root canals of a tooth removed yesterday. I spent about an hour and a half having various small pin like files inserted into my roots until all traces of the killed nerves had been removed.

But it was my own fault, not really bad luck. I have good teeth and should have had the tiny hole filled while it was still a tiny hole! So, i have my first filling aged 25.

That cant of been nice. The worst I've had done is having two teeth out!

Penny Master.

I had a choice, £50 to have the thing pulled out, or £250 to keep it and get it fixed up.

I'd grown attached to it, so elected to keep it, despite the extra expence.

Ooh I've had countless extractions - a record (for me) of five in one go. The first time I had a tooth out I had it under general anaesthetic but the latter ones I just had an injection. I didn't like the gas because they just pressed the mask to my face and I was in the middle of inhaling so I spluttered but the assistants held me down until I went out :lol:

I had my first two fillings in January, aged 19 of all things.

It's my own fault, last time i eat a bag of eclairs... they are rock hard and i cracked not one but two teeth, at different sides.

Infact the filling is playing up... and i really need to get it seen to.

Other than that i've had no real problems, only had about 5 baby teeth yanked because they refused to shift.

No sign of the wisdoms yet.

By the way i was born in July.

Oh and Oli you have the same birthday as my dear departed grandfather.

There's soemone else in here with my birthday too....................odd

Who's that?

Oh sorry, bit too slow today!

Custard1966 or mint_mark or somebody else I can't remember

Custard1966 or mint_mark or somebody else I can't remember

The guy who shares your birthday is Fenman. I know someone who was born on March the 15th also.

My birthday is on the 4th of September, which isn't lucky at all, because my birthday is the day I normally go back to school after the summer holidays.

Penny Master, I also have a scar on my forehead. When I was a toddler, I fell out the front door of my house and hit my head on a nice sharp stone! Hardly lucky...

Apparently, September borns are one of the more unlucky ones.

With my luck that's hardly surprising...

With my luck that's hardly surprising...

i've got two scars on my head, one from running into the kitchen so fast as a young en and bashing my head on the corner of the cabinate

the second was from spinning around until i got really dizzy, tripped and went head first into the radiator... owch.

Must have been 3 or 4 when i did all that.

I have a scar on my forehead/hairline too, and it was from the sharp side of a radiator after I rolled down the stairs as a young en.

I also have a scar in my head that needed stitches after I had a go on my friend down the roads bike. Mine was the kind that the pedals went round with the wheels...There was no slip gear like on adult bikes.

I didn't know his was a 'proper' bike and went rolling backwards down a small hill for a short distance, confused about how it was happening, and before I even thought about pulling the brake I met with a wall and was hospitalised.

Ouch!! When i was four i fell off a sofa, and broke my right arm. I had to wear a cast for eight weeks. Oh and last year i stubbed my toe on a plank of wood and that turned out to be broken! Wow, my luck really is rubbish :lol: Lol

That can't have been nice!

That can't have been nice!

Trust me man, it was far from nice! Lol