British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Hi everyone,

I just want to know your views on whether coin values will go up for 2005 and whether the market will continue the boom that it is currently experiancing. My view is that coin values will increase by about 10-15% in UNC and less in other grades.

I reckon that as well. 10% in unc, and maybe about 5% in VF. I really have no idea at all but hey.

Yes, I think generally they will rise (according to Spink), 10% could well be the average for UNC coins, perhaps more for really sought after coins in top grades and perhaps more than 5% for the difficult F-EF coins too.

Well my guess wasn't that far off after all...

Gotta go

If we have another auction like that of the Slaney collection, we could see prices shoot through the roof as higher ones are established as the norm but I reckon the previous predictions are sound B)

Since Spink is used by so many dealers to set their prices I have seen the question raised elsewhere as to whether Spink are reflecting increased market prices or causing them.

If you look at the Dr. Nicholson collection of half pennies, some of the prices have gone through the roof, for example, the 1925 ME half penny stands at a staggering £140! This just shows that a coin is only worth what a collector is prepared to pay for it, not what Spink says it's worth.