British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Sylvester

Somehow i'm tempted...

i hope that the colour inversion he's got on there and that's not the real colour of the coin...

I dunno what he means by 'wonderful condition' but i guess he means as 'wonderful' considering it as a wreck find... which i am inclined to agree

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7&category=4399

i think it may be a good buy, but it is a bit 'green/blue' coloured...and seeing this:

f9_1.JPG

they have obviously got lots more of them coins...

That's half the appeal... treasure/wreck/archaeology

Much more so trhan the coin, but it does so appear that the coin is the right denomination, right time period and in better condition than mine (that's if it's not green) it's just the price i'm a bit concerned about, it'snot like these things are rare... :rolleyes:

That's half the appeal... treasure/wreck/archaeology

sound like you should be a archaeologist....

Much more so trhan the coin, but it does so appear that the coin is the right denomination, right time period and in better condition than mine (that's if it's not green) it's just the price i'm a bit concerned about, it'snot like these things are rare... 

...if i were you then i would see how much the price gets too when there is 10 mins left...if more then £30 then leave it ;)

£30 sound about right, wouldn't go much over. (i'll probably forget to look till it's over), i will do some research on this wreck though just to make sure the bloke's got his facts right, (and not made it up! does happen you know, some of these 'shpiwreck coins' have nothing to do with a shipwreck at all, just inventive selling).

And as it happens i do have an A-Level in archaeology. :D (nearly did it as a degree too, but proffessional archis don't get paid much, if they can even find steady employment).

I got a magazine through from either the company you love-to-hate, Westminster or the Mint selling Chinese porcelain from a shipwreck. on second thought it sounds more Westminsterish than the Mint :P They werre selling saucers and cups and little figurines for hundreds of pounds. Absolute rubbish......

did you get the sixpence sylvester?

Unless he's called footandankle (which I doubt!) he hasn't got it unfortunately

Unless he's called footandankle (which I doubt!) he hasn't got it unfortunately

nope, the internet hours ran out... :rolleyes: i couldn't get on again till one past midnight.

also at the price it went for i wouldn't have gone that high anyhow.

I know Footandankle very well. He's a Dr in the Lake district. Good customer of mine for both coins and accessories.

I know Footandankle very well. He's a Dr in the Lake district. Good customer of mine for both coins and accessories.

connections everywhere Chris!

Small world, eh! Why is he called footandankle btw?

I have no idea, perhaps he's a chiropodist.

...or has a weird fetish ;)

And as it happens i do have an A-Level in archaeology. :D (nearly did it as a degree too, but proffessional archis don't get paid much, if they can even find steady employment).

You like those extra Fs don't you, Sylvester, I've noticed you using them on Coinpeople! :P

Btw, Oli, I think those coins you mentioned above are from Westminster :o

Btw, Oli, I think those coins you mentioned above are from Westminster

So? They're stunning! :D

You like those extra Fs don't you, Sylvester, I've noticed you using them on Coinpeople! :P

Btw, Oli, I think those coins you mentioned above are from Westminster :o

i always spell that word wrong... :rolleyes:

I "don't have permission" to edit my above post so I'll do it here:

So? They're stunning!

Edit: I take it you mean the Ebay coins

I "don't have permission" to edit my above post so I'll do it here:

So? They're stunning!

Edit: I take it you mean the Ebay coins

Yep