British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Green

Important coin

Hi Everybody

I am trying to get some information on this coin. Could someone help please?

Edited by Green
Wrong url

You could start with what the coin is and why it's important, important to you? or historically important? Just while you try and fix the url

Edited by azda

I would caution others from clicking on the link above. This is a shortened link. I ran a link scanner on it which came up as 'safe' but that is no guarantee. Given that we have a new user who has started a thread with no information and just the link, I think that caution is appropriate.

In basketball, that would be a technical foul!

3 hours ago, jaggy said:

I would caution others from clicking on the link above. This is a shortened link. I ran a link scanner on it which came up as 'safe' but that is no guarantee. Given that we have a new user who has started a thread with no information and just the link, I think that caution is appropriate.

Yes, I did click on it, but I've never seen a non found web page display like that before.  

Apologies about the link. I am still finding my feet so I have tried to upload the image again. The coin is important to me because I found it on eBay for quite a bit of money considering its condition. I have a image of one side and I am keen to see the other side. Thanks for your assistance. Finally an estimate would be handy too.

s-l5s00 (1).jpg

Looks to be a Marc Antony denarius. These tend to go for around £40 - £75 depending on rarity/condition of individual coins.

Looking at other sold examples on eBay will give a good indication of value, bear in mind various spellings (Mark/Marc & Anthony/Antony) - e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marc-Anthony-Denarius-/152281522685?hash=item2374afa1fd%3Ag%3AilIAAOSwTA9X8VHv&nma=true&si=CT2h6HrctTHis5Cr%252BdHSamjhgP8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

From Clive's post you have a sub £20 coin it appears.

On 07/01/2017 at 5:18 PM, Peter said:

From Clive's post you have a sub £20 coin it appears.

I am afraid so