British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Guest derick

Some really ridiculous eBay listings

I do hope that was sarcasm!

So do I, Britannia is meant to be facing left Edward!

Yes, I think we got that, William :rolleyes:

Oli, you're missing a chance at a great buy! B)

How could we resist?

Lol, I'm ploughing the majority of my cash into Stage 1 Farthings (1902-56) :)

Why do you call them 'stage one'?

Hopefully (and this is a long shot) I want Stage One in BU then if I'm still interested I'll do Stage 2 (Victoria) in Uncirculated (but I may miss her out because there's just so many) then Stage 3 would be George III Last coinage-Victoria, Stage 4 George I-George III First coinage. I may go back further if I'm still interested or, more importantly, if I have the cash!

Well, it will certainly be an impressive acheivement when you've finished! My favourite farthings are those Victorian/Edward VII/George V dark farthings, what about you?

The ones in Stage One would have to be the Edward VII dark finish - there's just something about them (besides their colour) which sets them apart from the rest. However I quite like the second silver one in my sig - it's a George I one and is quite exquisite!

Out of all the farthings in your sig, the silver one is my favurite too! Do you own those farthings?

God, I wish! The ones in my signature would set me back tens of thousands :blink:

The Victorian one doesn't look too expensive...

I have a Victrian darkened farthing, my best farthing too, it's 1901, and it's UNC!

That one which "doesn't look expensive" is an early bronze proof - 1841 to set you all salivating!

I couldn't tell it's a proof! :unsure: How was I meant to know the date on it?

Calm down, Will, I was only saying!

When I first looked at it, I thought it was UNC lustre with prooflike fields. That is the first time that I have seen an 1841 proof farthing. There is also a silver proof one but those are hardly ever seen.

i would kill (not literally) for a 1841 silver proof penny...

I'd kill for one - literally

I recently had a later Vic YH unc farthing in my hands, with full lustre, and it looked made yesterday. It's hard to believe that a coin can retain that much of its original appearance after such a long time.

I'd kill for one - literally

i would not want to go to jail and loose my coins :)

I recently had a later Vic YH unc farthing in my hands, with full lustre, and it looked made yesterday. It's hard to believe that a coin can retain that much of its original appearance after such a long time.

It is very hard to believe. In fact, if you look on the colin cooke website, there is an 1841 half penny with full lustre as well as an 1838 with full lustre.

My Webpage

My Webpage

I've had some coins on Ebay in the past week and two didn't sell so I'm going to relist them but I got this email from a man:

Dear oliver54321,

Noticed some of your lots did not sell, If you assure me that the coins have no major wear/damage on unseen sides then I can offer you £5 for 1895 shilling and 1839 Queen Victoria Farthing , if you include P+P also....Save Ebay costs as well! :-) Best wishes XXXXX XXXX XXXXXXXXX@lycos.com

The Shilling is in VF and the Farthing is AVF with a spot of verdi gris and he wanted £5 for them both PLUS I HAD TO INCLUDE THE POSTAGE! Pff some people!

Bloomin cheek.

Yes but I did get about £6 with all fees taken out for an GF 1889 florin which I was happy with!