British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Oli

Where do you buy your coins from?

Where do you buy your coins from?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you buy your coins from?

• Internet Auctions (Ebay for example)
    • Internet Shops/Stores (Like this excellent one)
    • Pawnbrokers
    • Jewellers
    • Antique Shops
    • Proper auctions (Spinks etc)

I'm hoping to win an Abafil coin case with ten storage trays; it was a competition in Coin News, so hopefully...

What's Coin News like? I got a trial issue but didn't really rate it - what do you think? I did however take out a subscription to the Private Eye and that has me in stitches :lol:

In my opinion, Coin News is OK, but I think it needs just a little bit more collectors views.

There's not many Coin publications out there - Token Publishing seems to have cornered the niche market

Coin News isn't bad. Oli, what is Private Eye? <_<

It's a magazine that blokes in pin stripe suits and Olli reads!

Well what else can we expect from Oli? :lol:

Yes, it's not a seedy jazz mag as the name would suggest but a hilarious magazine, published bimonthly I think. I strongly urge you to buy it - it's only £1.30!

I used to sbuy my coins from this little shop by my house that sold alot of the coins I needed(pre 1960's us coins) for farely cheap I could get like 30 to 40 pre50's pennies or winged liberty head dimes for under $10. but lately it has been closed so I have had to go to a shop that sells coins for way more. like a 1945-s winged liberty head dime for $65, when I could get the same coin in better condition at my old shop for less than 50 cents. so now I don't really buy coins too often. I have been enhereting coind from my grandmans sister who passed away a few months ago, she collected alot of American, Canadian and Carabian coins.