British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
josie

1945 halfcrown ding on D on IND

Hi Josie, interesting! Does not look like a die fault to me. Too rounded and deliberate in my view. Unfortunatly I have no explaination as to the cause. If it were an overstrike ie. D over an O, then the crescent below the D would be larger (see photo). Perhaps I am wrong and it is just a fluke Die fault.

post-439-1171805173_thumb.jpg

Thanks Gary.

Just one of a curiosity coin.

Is good to browse in this forum to have somewhat a guide on what I will going to look on the coin, if it differs from normal struck.

I see this coin if it is a ding from other coin,for D are somewhat alingned to N this coin most of them the D is more outward than N for me was something press on top to create that effect,or an unpolished die.

If it is a repunched or over letter others can checked their coins 1945 halfcrown backward and onwards in the series if it exist.