British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
josie

What is the good way forwarding cash

Sending fees comes in different forms.

Im not to online or paypal.

How does money order work.?I think it is one of the good way to send fees.

Any info is very informative for me and other planning in the future.

Sending fees comes in different forms.

Im not to online or paypal.

How does money order work.?I think it is one of the good way to send fees.

Any info is very informative for me and other planning in the future.

I've used postal orders before, you just go into a Post Office and exchange cash for them. They are as almost good as cash. Banker's drafts are similar; they are cheques drawn against the bank's own funds rather than those of an individual.

For ease, I usually pay by cheque or Paypal. Cash by registered mail is an option, but it carries risk.

Of course none of those will work for foreign transactions, and Josie is in Ireland. I beleive you can get Sterling postal orders in Irish post offices, but I'm not sure.

Only other way is bank transfer (not too bad within Europe, but higher fees for out of Europe) or the legendary Western Union. You have to be very careful with WU as it's easy for people to take the money and run.

Another possibility, as you're a regular, perhaps another member would agree to send paypal funds for you in return for Euro or GBP cash.

Thanks EMP.

Their is many ways of doing or transfering cash,now that you mentioned that registered mail with cash is Okay but have risk yeah I certainly agree with that,

So registered mail with cash is in order or legal,onced thought that sending cash by mail is illegal for the staff go ahead with it,It is legal but have risk.

For now I will try postal order.and skip regitered mail.

For a buyer paypal is ideal.

About as secure as you can get....as long as you are aware of spoofs...and have an IQ in 3 figures ;)

Thanks peter.

Yeah it is a big company.

Somewhat protect the member but sometimes target by bot or virus thing in computer.

Maybe in the future.