Elmo Posted 51 minutes ago Posted 51 minutes ago Good Evening all, I'm new to this forum and very new to coins - I inherited my grandfathers coin collection some 8 years ago and haven't done anything with them, I'm now getting married in 2029 and figured I can sell them and put them to the wedding funds. He has over 2200 coins varying from Mint grade to poor and some dated back to the 1800's which I've manged to scan and list on a spreadsheet that I'm currently going through and pricing up (tedious work but it will be easier in the long run). I'm using Google AI, eBay and a few other sites to try and gauge prices for when I do decide to sell them (not sure how yet - individually / split down into mini collections or the whole set etc) The issue I am having is I can't seem to find the following bigger set anywhere on the internet - I can find small 5 coin sets (1 with each mascot) but not the full 38 coin set covering every sport from the 2008 Olympics with the mascots. AI says its part of a bigger set but then doesn't give me anything else (I know not to trust AI etc but its been helpful in identifying some coins as well as other coin apps and books etc) There are 38 coins in total covering every sport at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. All coins feature the same number 38 so either this is a serial number (batch number) or it represents the total number of coins in the set. All coins have the Ag.999 1oz silver stamp and weigh the exact same. Across the 38 coins there are 5 different 'Fuwa' mascots carrying out the sports. Has anyone come across this set before or can you point me in the right direction. Happy to provide more pictures or answer any questions Quote AI shows me the below Yes, full 38-coin/medallion sets were officially released by the China Gold Coin Incorporation and authorized by the Beijing Olympic Organising Committee. [1, 2] Because complete sets are highly sought after by sports memorabilia and numismatic collectors, finding a full collection today depends on the exact material composition you are looking for: 1. The 38-Silver Coin Sporting Poses Set The medallion in your image belongs to this highly premium collection. [1] Specifications: Each of the 38 individual coins contains 1 ounce (or 30 grams) of .999 pure silver. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.