Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

Edward Cont. Sterlings…Does anyone have knowledge of these?


Recommended Posts

Posted

In this example the letters, especially the W & A, and also the obverse legend is wrong for starters! Maybe a Class 5-style pellet on chest, not sure?

I don’t have the coin in-hand, yet, but would probably be looking to sell it anyway.

Can anyone share some insight into it? I know very little about the continental imitations themselves?

IMG_9067.png

  • Like 1
Posted

Sorry I cant help, However..... interesting find....I will be waiting for the others to chip in with assistance 👍  

  • Like 1
Posted

I may have jumped the gun, labelling this an imitation sterling! I’ve since discovered there’s actually a known class 9a coin with an ANL error and pellet on the breast, which is footnoted as extremely rare. I’d need to get a look at it in-hand…I’d be hoping that the S is top-tilted (it currently looks like it could be a mix of serifs)!

We’ll see :) 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...