British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest murqy7

I think its a victorian coin?

Guest murqy7

I have coin or at least I think its a coin, it has a picture of a young queen victoria on one side and an older queen victoria on the other side. It is silver. on the young victoria side it has the latin "longi tvdo diervm in dextera eivs et in sinastra qloria" and the date 1837. and on the older vitoria side it says "victoria anvm regni sexagessimvm feliciter clavdit xxivnmdcccxcvii" can anyone advise please??? it is about the size of a 10p piece

queenvicbronzemedal1897.jpg

queenvicbronzemedal1897x.jpg

I think you mean the one above (but in silver, obviously). These were minted in bronze, silver and gold, and in two sizes. It's not a coin, but an official medal to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1897.

To value yours, we would need pictures/scans to assess the grade. Unless it's just the info that you want, which is above.

Guest murqy7

Yes thats the one! excellent info. Many Many thanks :D

In bronze, in that size and condition, and in the original box, you're looking at around £15, assuming the box is also in good condition.

Geoff