British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
kuhli

Congrats London

Don't know how you guys feel about being invaded by a million foreigners all at once, but like it or not, it's gonna happen to you!! Congrats on winning the Olympics in 2012.

The whole bloody city is always overrun with fat Americans and really over zealous Japanese people, so it probably won't even notice!

I'll have to make sure my house is free in 2012 so I can rent it out for 3x normal rent money, as it's only 1hr from central London by train.

Hopefully, Monsieur Chirac will slide in the opinion polls, be booted out of office at the next elections (thereby removing his presidential immunity), and be prosecuted for presiding over a system of illegal party financing whilst mayor of Paris.

However, I digree. Congratulations to London!

It's going to fantastic.

The investments will boost our economy beyond belief.

Now we've just got to provide the athlete's or at least undetectable drugs :(

Congrats to all on this. Hope everyone gets to go and have fun.

The people in charge of the London bid have shown great resiliance in face of Paris! Congratulations to them! They did us proud!

Oh they've won it then. I'd forgot they were even bidding for it. Oh well i won't affect me.

Why's everyone having a go at the French all of a sudden?

Lets hope Tony and Cherie give a double barrel of their smarmy grins to Chirac.

The Frenchies thought they had it in the bag.

We've got Trafalger square and Waterloo Station....maybe a new facility called Agincourt ?

We've got Trafalger square and Waterloo Station....maybe a new facility called Agincourt ?

Did we win at Crecy? I forget.

I hate to point it out to you though they've got one over on us... 1066, oh and 1154.

We were a Mongrol nation of Saxons,Vikings,Jutes,Celts,Romans etc etc ....a few Normans and the English blend was slowly simmered through the Dark ages....which eventually eventually became Britain after a few punch ups.

Funny old world....and has left us with some fantastic coins :D

We were a Mongrol nation of Saxons,Vikings,Jutes,Celts,Romans etc etc ....a few Normans and the English blend was slowly simmered through the Dark ages....which eventually eventually became Britain after a few punch ups.

Funny old world....and has left us with some fantastic coins :D

And the Angles! :D

There were also some Middle Eastern/Persians that joined the Roman army and were sent to Hadrian's Wall. We know this because of the evidence of the Cult of Mithras up at Hadrian's Wall.

So the mixing pot just got bigger... :D

Don't forget the Danes either, which were slightly different to Norsemen.