absence of uniformity Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 14 minutes ago, Citizen H said: Wow, thats impressive , I thought the Light house was odd compared to what few I have, and Penny's are not my thing....this will be a keep, and many Many thanks for the heads up its be an experience 👍🙏🏻 So, between your coin and the others like Richard's, Paddy's, and the 49 others I looked at I didn't notice a difference in the lighthouse. Instead, the main difference was the fingers on the trident. The list of similarities I shared in my last post are identifying features between your coin and the single coin I found (1 of 50). These two appear to be the same, showing the same finger configuration and arrangement. The list of die markers possibly confirms that these two coins are from the same die. However, I don't know why the fingers look different on these two coins compared to all the rest. Could it be explained by something as simple as die wear or deterioration causing the deformed fingers seen on the majority? I don't know enough to say for sure. Hopefully, a member with more knowledge can offer some insights into the cause of this feature. Either way, I'm pleased you are happy with it! 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.