Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

Smudge53

Unidentified Variety
  • Posts

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Smudge53 last won the day on August 21

Smudge53 had the most liked content!

Smudge53's Achievements

Newbie

Newbie (1/14)

  • First Post
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

3

Reputation

  1. Dead right Paddy. Anything for a quick buck.
  2. I have recently acquired x3 "True Cross" Terracotta Pilgrim Tokens. They are reported to have been commissioned by Emperor Heraclius to commemorate the recovery of the True Cross from the Persians in C630 AD. It has been reported that a small piece of the True Cross was cut off and burnt, and the ash mixed with the Clay. Although this could be a good selling pitch at the time?? The two figures beneath the Cross are supposed to be Constantine and his Mother Helena. Other reports state they are Peter & Paul? The backs are plain. One is 18mm Dia. The other two are 15mm. The two smaller pieces both have an X over both arms of the Cross. All in VGC
  3. Thank you paddy. I have seen similar ones from the Kushan Empire, (Tetradrachm) but not exactly like this one?? Still a mystery then.
  4. Can anyone help me ID this coin I have had for years please? Nearest I can get is Indian. 27mm Dia. 12.9g. Many thanks.
×
×
  • Create New...