Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

Jacqui

Unidentified Variety
  • Posts

    15
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Jacqui's Achievements

Rookie

Rookie (2/14)

  • Collaborator
  • One Month Later
  • Week One Done
  • First Post
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

1

Reputation

  1. Thank you. I just weighed it don’t know why I didn’t think of that before. It wouldn’t be a convincing fake as weighs 5.62g. So assuming it’s a newer reproduction from a museum shop or something. Other coins in the heap seem fine. But not interesting.
  2. Thank you! Contemporary as in with the real coin? someone had dumped the contents of their car ashtray/ other rubbish out of their window and brother was cleaning it up.
  3. Yes, sorry I didn't realise that was posted. I had to transfer to desktop to reduce the photo file size, so it should be there soon.Both phoos were too big
  4. Thank you to everyone who helped with the Queen Anne coin back in July. I have found some more coins in my brother’s things. Google tells me this one is Queen Mary. It is 2.5 cm diameter. Any information much appreciated. He found it in a rubbish pile about 20 years ago, along with what look like Dutch coins and old pennies, and a really worn heavy bronze coin.
  5. The little spot at 7 o'clock is a stain. Still no further along, will decide to leave it as it is for now.
  6. Thank you, I re-measured, 2.2cm.
  7. Im not sure I am replying properly- using quote? But yes, good call. I assumed it was a spot of corrosion or from an acid test. It feels smooth. Ill have a better look tomorrw with more light. I have tried wwd40. But the camera is intriguing. My son also has an old victorian house with some suspicious blocked up bits and holes. I watched the people who installed the stove use one on the chimney breast, which was pretty scary! I may get one. We all fantasise about hidden treasure in these houses.
  8. no luck yet.
  9. Ah, it may be. I'v been thinking about what else it may have bee, like a tape measure or something or just a fob, its the slot that is bothering me.
  10. Thank you both. It is soaking now, wil let you know how I get on.
  11. Hi Paddy, thank you for such a quick reply. I should have put the size, sorry. The coin part is approx 2cm. I cant see a hinge as such, hre are re edge pics.
  12. Hi I have what looks like a coin box/fob made with 1711 Queen Ann coins. Can anyone one tell me anything about this please, and how would I open it? thank you!
×
×
  • Create New...