British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

The halfpenny mule was illustrated in the 1984 Freeman sale catalogue, and this coin exactly corresponds to the image shown by Bernie.

Best Regards,

InforaPenny

How very interesting, thank you for all of the information and particularly the photograph. It makes me wonder why the variety has been omitted from a major catalogue like Spink for so long and then all of a sudden gets included (I would understand this if an example had recently sold at auction). I suspect that in the coming years one or two examples may turn up ... hopefully into my hands!

I've been looking for one for donkeys years !

Got more chance of winning the lottery, i think !! :lol:

MMMMMM much nicer than mine - It's the common one but I am sure you knew that .

I would really strugle to grade that at VF by the way NVF is much nearer tha mark , I love the reverse , obverse seems worse grade

It came to me from Michael Freeman graded "cleaned" VF. I kind of agree with you at AVF, but you know how it goes...it's VF if you are selling, and AVF if you are buying...Ha,Ha. I hate grading by the way! :) LOL...

Let's start a debate on grading :D (only joking)

• Like 1