British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
TomGoodheart

Bloody Royal Mint

Dear Tom

The Royal Mint is delighted to wish the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge congratulations on the birth of their baby boy on 22nd July 2013.

Sorry RM, or rather Shane Bissett, Director of Commemorative Coin. But I don't believe that wishing someone congratulations makes sense.

You can congratulate someone. Or offer congratulations. But unless congratulations is the new thankyou wishing them just isn't gramatical.

And while I'm at it, did you mean Coin as in 'of the Realm' in your title? Or did basic lessons about the pleural also slip past whoever drafted this little missive?

[/rant]

Bother. I forgot to wish him my appreciation for giving me something other than the heat to grumble about.

:P

Edited by TomGoodheart

The Royal Mint is delighted to wish the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge congratulations on the birth of their baby boy on 22nd July 2013.

For this read "The Royal Mint is delighted for the exciting opportunity to issue shedloads of overpriced commemorative crap"

For this read "The Royal Mint is delighted for the exciting opportunity to issue shedloads of overpriced commemorative crap"

:D