British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
TomGoodheart

Charles I shilling, Sharp D6/1

OK, so I'm thinking of selling this. It's not the most beautiful coin, but it's difficult to find the type (I've seen four others for sale in the last, .. 8 years) It's a clearer example than the Sharp, Brooker coin, if that sways anyone!

I've done my best with the photos to get a true representation, but that's only on my laptop so it might look different in the hand from how it appears on your screen. I do have a few more pics if anyone wants and am happy to anser questions.

I'm suggesting £200 because they are so scarce, but I'm open to offers! Postage (Special delivery insured) will be included in the price. Cheques preferred to save on paypal fees.

D6_1Obvforebaylisting.jpgPB26D6_1Revforebaylisting.jpg

Blimey, those pictures make even Dave's dinner plates look like tiddlywinks!

Blimey, those pictures make even Dave's dinner plates look like tiddlywinks!

It's to make you think you're getting your money's worth Nick!!! And yes, I normally resize them but was in a hurry to pop them onto photobucket and forgot!

post-129-033619700 1353966149_thumb.jpg

Better? :lol:

And for comparison:

The ex M Sharp, Brooker coin:

Brooker.jpg

ex West, Carlyon Britton:

D6_1AJWestexCarlyonBritton.jpg

Nice coin this!

Edited by TomGoodheart

And ex Roger Shuttlewood:

D6_1exRShuttlewood.jpg

OK, make that five others for sale in the last 8 years! There's one as part of a lot in TimeLines next auction:

post-129-017898400 1357425266_thumb.jpg

And I have reduced the buy it now price on ebay to £160, but would accept less from anyone here if you're interested and happy to buy direct. Spink in 2012 listed the general type (though not this scarce variety) at £60 in Fine, £250 VF.

Anyone want it for £125 (postage included)?

Sold.

Sign in to follow this