British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
davidgdg

Newbie technical question - how to view posts

Can somebody tell me how to view posts? When I click on a forum which is described as having dozens of topics and hundreds of replies, I see maybe two posts. In this forum I am seeing no posts at all! In the items for sale forum I can see a grand total of two posts (one from Chris Perkins and one regarding a Newark crown. Nothing else. I have checked my filter options and clicked "All" in the date range, but still no joy.

Many thanks

David

Can somebody tell me how to view posts? When I click on a forum which is described as having dozens of topics and hundreds of replies, I see maybe two posts. In this forum I am seeing no posts at all! In the items for sale forum I can see a grand total of two posts (one from Chris Perkins and one regarding a Newark crown. Nothing else. I have checked my filter options and clicked "All" in the date range, but still no joy.

Many thanks

David

In this forum I only see one - yours! I then adjusted my date filters like you did, to view "All". When I clicked 'Go' lots of posts came up. The fact is that at least half the forums, probably more, don't get posts within the default 30-day period, and won't show up until you change the date range.

The most active forums by far are the first (Lots of British coin related discussions), and Free For All. Then Enquiries about British coins, and Members Only are not far behind. You can surely see many topics from the past 30 days in all of those? Beginners area is probably the only other forum that gets anywhere near a semi-regular visit. The other forums, as you've noticed, have to have the filters changed to see most of their posts.

Oh, I've just noticed something else - you need to click 'Remember filter' as well, or it will default back to 30-days immediately after you have posted.

Edited by Peckris

I just click view new content top right, it puts me exactly where I left off :)

Does that give you the first new unread post in every TOPIC Colin? I've never used that button before. I tend to use the dark coloured folders and the "In" button to see new content, but a drawback is that that only works for the first topic in a forum - for all other new content in a forum it only gives you the latest post, even if there are a whole load you haven't read.

Does that give you the first new unread post in every TOPIC Colin? I've never used that button before. I tend to use the dark coloured folders and the "In" button to see new content, but a drawback is that that only works for the first topic in a forum - for all other new content in a forum it only gives you the latest post, even if there are a whole load you haven't read.

Yes, that button gives you EVERYTHING! :)

I must start using it then! After all, I've only been here for 3 and a half years :P

Ah, there's a snag. If I look in several times a day, it still shows me the new content since yesterday, not since my last visit.

Edited by Peckris

Mine clears as soon as I return to the website :blink:

I must start using it then! After all, I've only been here for 3 and a half years :P

Ah, there's a snag. If I look in several times a day, it still shows me the new content since yesterday, not since my last visit.

There's another button that says something like 'mark as read!' I'm not on the PC right now.

I always click that when I've read the new content. When I next visit I just click view new content! ;)