British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
DAVID O

GB TEN PENCE VARITIES

Stafford, R. (1982). Varities of the Halfcrown 1816-1967. Coin Monthly,

Part 1 George III to William IV, June 1982, 66-69.

Part 2 Victoria Young Head, July 1982, 66-69.

Part 3 Victoria Jubilee Head to Edward VII, Aug. 1982, 104-107.

Part 4 George V and VI, Sept. 1982, 88-91.

Part 5 Elizabeth II, Oct. 1982, 76-78.

he published lots of articles about varities. More citations to come soon...

Stafford, R. (1982). Varities of the Halfcrown 1816-1967. Coin Monthly,

Part 1 George III to William IV, June 1982, 66-69.

Part 2 Victoria Young Head, July 1982, 66-69.

Part 3 Victoria Jubilee Head to Edward VII, Aug. 1982, 104-107.

Part 4 George V and VI, Sept. 1982, 88-91.

Part 5 Elizabeth II, Oct. 1982, 76-78.

he published lots of articles about varities. More citations to come soon...

You might find that all his halfcrown varieties are adequately covered by Davis and Groom respectively. Those that aren't, you'd have to question their viability as varieties.

You might find that all his halfcrown varieties are adequately covered by Davis and Groom respectively. Those that aren't, you'd have to question their viability as varieties.

Well... I do not own books written by Davis or Groom yet, but no doubt that I will purchase them as I have the chance and the money to do so.

The accumulation of citations and literature about coins is as important as collecting the coins themselves. It is not a shame to have the same information published by different authors. They might have different details on a subject analyzed.

Sorry... therefore i do not really understand your criticism...

Criticism? No, I just mean that Davis (who was published around the same time as Ron's survey) is very thorough, and for 20thC there's nothing so far to beat Dave's book, which is very recent and contains varieties previously unpublished. So kudos to Ron but I doubt he has much that's new.

Criticism? No, I just mean that Davis (who was published around the same time as Ron's survey) is very thorough, and for 20thC there's nothing so far to beat Dave's book, which is very recent and contains varieties previously unpublished. So kudos to Ron but I doubt he has much that's new.

Once again... it is very usefull and not harmfull to have as much literature as possible ;) And I will purchase the catalogue of davies by chance as well.

By the way... I do have the pdf of the 1982 stafford paper. In case there is any interest let me know via IM please. And hopefully I will get some more papers dealing with coin varieties soon.

Once again... it is very usefull and not harmfull to have as much literature as possible ;) And I will purchase the catalogue of davies by chance as well.

By the way... I do have the pdf of the 1982 stafford paper. In case there is any interest let me know via IM please. And hopefully I will get some more papers dealing with coin varieties soon.

I'm certainly interested, as I made the scans and uploaded the pdf, but it's sadly now disappeared off my computer.

I'm certainly interested, as I made the scans and uploaded the pdf, but it's sadly now disappeared off my computer.

I have the pdf from another, very friendly source. Please send me your email-address via IM, so I can provide you the pdf.

I have the pdf from another, very friendly source. Please send me your email-address via IM, so I can provide you the pdf.

Done - and I've received your pdf, many thanks. A slight confusion, as I thought you were talking about my missing 'Ron Stafford 10 pence survey' pdf. But it's worked out even better, as I still have the Coin Monthly with the 10 pence survey in, but I've never before seen the halfcrown survey which you've sent. So a good result! :)

You are welcome :)