British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
adammearkat

1937 Threepence

wondering if this is worth anything? probably not but ive seen an article about a rare one any help would be much appreciated

i also have a 1966, 1960, 1954, 1952

photo.jpg

The 1937 is only rare if it is the Edward VIII issue and that clearly is not I'm afraid.

As for the other dates they only have value if in uncirculated condition and even then they would only be a few pounds.

The 1937 is only rare if it is the Edward VIII issue and that clearly is not I'm afraid.

As for the other dates they only have value if in uncirculated condition and even then they would only be a few pounds.

I think it might be hold on ill get the picture of back

photo1.jpg

its very had to tell between edward and george :/

Definitely George VI, if you google "Edward VIII Threepence" and click on images you will see the rare one, which is a different design

Edited by Colin G.

It looks like George VI to me.

Definitely George VI, if you google "Edward VIII Threepence" and click on images you will see the rare one, which is a different design

Sorry Colin. Overlapped Post. :)

Actually, no. There are two designs for Edward VIII - the "other thrift design" which we've all seen pictures for, and which there are a few knocking about. But there is also the one with the same reverse as George VI (proof?) which is even rarer.

photo1.jpg

Yes, I can just about make out RGIV which makes it George :)