British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Aethelred

Your cover ideas please.

Well knock me ouit with a tin spoon...

I think i've had an idea... how about the same design i had with that florin in the background (kinda like a watermark), with william's smaller pictures (perhaps replacing the florin one for another coin of choice). That way you'd have the florin in the background (slightly fainter than it is now), and the smaller pictures exactly as William has done them?

Heres another attempt...

p893373.jpg

This looks good... I would have a few suggestions to offer:

1. The C's still a bit smaller, and a softer font. "Great Britain" and "2005 Edition" each on one line.

2. The price smaller (in terms of point size; Chris, what about the final price?), in the upper right-hand corner.

3. I still like having the portraits of the coins uncovered.

I like Sylvester's idea in principle about the watermark etc but am wondering if the cover is going to be getting cluttered. Of the pictures we've seen to date, I still like the one on his cover best.

Edited by Edward

Only one thing i'd change... 'Collector's Coin', could you change the 'ollector's oins' bit to lower case? I think it just makes it easier to read...

I tried both upper and lower in my attempts, the lower were the best i thought.

Perhaps the rotographic banner would look better at the top? Cos you've got both rotographic's (web address and the banner) directly next to each other... i think i'd be better with one at the top and one at the bottom.

No, the banner is excellent at the bottom. And I agree with Sylvester, lower case for the "ollectors oins".

alright put the web addy at the top then, it appeared to me it was all happening at the bottom of the page...

Most people look at the top half first though i thought.

Well, that's a point. But I feel that the banner anchors the page.

Here is another one. Chris i have tried to get it to 300dpi, but how do you get it to A5 size?

p959751.jpg

The designs are getting much better, keep it up!

I'm wondering where to try putting the other pics on too, but i'll let you see this first, this better?

post-35-1089914369_thumb.jpg

Sylvester i really like that. Theres only a few things. Where you have the writing on the coin, it looks a bit fainter. Also, i dont see the point of utting latest edition on it. And could you put on the fact that its British non-gold coins fom 1797 onwards??

Sylvester i really like that. Theres only a few things. Where you have the writing on the coin, it looks a bit fainter. Also, i dont see the point of utting latest edition on it. And could you put on the fact that its British non-gold coins fom 1797 onwards??

Oh yeah it used to say British non - gold but i put the banner over it, i'll sort that out...

It is fainter on purpose but i can darken it up.

And the latest edition bit is only temporary, it should be changed to 32nd edition, but at the time when i did it i didn't know what edition we were on. Hence why it says what it does...

I have had another go, combining mine and Sylvesters ideas.

Btw, is it Collector's Coins, or Collectors' Coins. I have totally left it out cos i dont know....

Also, do you think it looks good with just the florin, or do you think we should put something modern on as well?

p1064226.jpg

I have had another go, combining mine and Sylvesters ideas.

Btw, is it Collector's Coins, or Collectors' Coins. I have totally left it out cos i dont know....

Also, do you think it looks good with just the florin, or do you think we should put something modern on as well?

Do you need a picture of just the florin? I'll let you play around with it then?

I still prefer the gothic to the godless...

Chris' poor bandwidth (i'll delete some of my previous attempts shortly, i'll have to)

post-35-1090008144_thumb.jpg

Thankyou for the picture of that florin, i was searching everywhere for that picture!!!!

Thankyou for the picture of that florin, i was searching everywhere for that picture!!!!

You can shrink it, lighten it, darken it, bluify it, greenify it, pinkify it... anything you think.

It was on the PCI (Season one grand finale bit...)

Do you want a big picture of the 1997 £2 coin too?

If so see here...

http://www.coinpeople.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4400

Don't wory too much about the bandwidth, as this is an 'exclusive' area, not many people get to see it, and it is for the good of the project.

Is it Collectors' Coins, or is it Collector's Coins.....I don't know, my English was always crap, didn't Geoff say it should be Collectors' Coins??

You know what's so good about these two coins?

1) The florin was bought off of Chris.

2) The £2 was sold to Chris.

So both were both mine and Chris' at one point or other... :D Which is why i thought they were pretty fitting coins to use.

Next year perhaps it'd be time for a Wreath crown? :D

Don't wory too much about the bandwidth, as this is an 'exclusive' area, not many people get to see it, and it is for the good of the project.

Is it Collectors' Coins, or is it Collector's Coins.....I don't know, my English was always crap, didn't Geoff say it should be Collectors' Coins??

Yes i think it should... i dunno why i put it the other way.

..tor's signifies one collector and their coins.

...tors' signifies many collectors and their coins.

So it should be the latter.

You know what's so good about these two coins?

1) The florin was bought off of Chris.

2) The £2 was sold to Chris.

So both were both mine and Chris' at one point or other... :D Which is why i thought they were pretty fitting coins to use.

Next year perhaps it'd be time for a Wreath crown? :D

Yes, I had spotted the link, and It'll be good to say on the inside...'Cover pictures: Florin sold by prececimal.com, £2 sold by Predecimal.com on the date....blah, blah.

We think alike Chris... :lol:

Non stop plugging right down the line... ;)

Well you have to don't you, no one cares as much about your business ventures as yourself, and if you don't try your hardest to promote them, no one else will.