British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Millimoo

Coin Shows

Which coin shows have you been to, and which do you recommend?

I've been to Coinex in London, and would recommend it. A good mix of coins, including Ancients, and Spink and Coin News too. The only problem is it's the only one I've been to, so I have no reference points!

Has anyone been to Numismata in Munich? Of all the places to go (apart from New York!) this was the one I was thinking of attending, but it's a long way to go to find out if it's not worth the trip!

Dave

:)

The london coin show is quite good (from what i have read). I know that Chris and HPJ attend, and I will hopefully be going also whenever the next one is. :)

Guest Peter

The monthly shows at Birmingham & Wakefield are both decent.

Birmingham is the 2nd Sunday and Wakefield the last Sunday every month.

Pop both the above into google and you can get locations details etc.

They both advertise in Coin News.

Apart from making a few purchases you can see some fantastic stuff...great day out....plus the footie is on the radio

for the long journeys home (Wakefield 3 1/2 hrs Birmingham 2 hrs)

The fact I am willing to travel these distances proves they are good.

The london coin show is quite good (from what i have read). I know that Chris and HPJ attend, and I will hopefully be going also whenever the next one is. :)

Hi - the next London Coin Fair is on Saturday 5th February 2005. I'm hoping to have a table there again myself. Chris, will you be sharing a table again?

Peter - perhaps we already know each other? I'm a regular exhibitor at both Midland and Wakefield fairs. ;)

I've never been to any! There are never any near enough to where I live, and I can't persuade my Dad to take me... :(

Guest Peter

Hi Andy...You do know me....(PDS).....I last saw you at the Birmingham fair (November)where you had cheque book in hand and a determined look on your face.

Seasons greetings to you and Neelam.

Peter

Chris, will you be sharing a table again?

Depends on the weather. I had trouble getting down the road last night, god knows what february will be like. And I have a new book coming out early feb (a revised Roman Base Metal Coin book) so I'll probably need to stick around and talk some people into buying it.

5th of February could have been my first visit to a coin fair as London is nearest for me. Could have made it

a good weekend. But, alas, I will be out of the country at that time. Sunshine is calling !!

Hi Andy...You do know me....(PDS).....I last saw you at the Birmingham fair (November)where you had cheque book in hand and a determined look on your face.

Seasons greetings to you and Neelam.

Peter

Oh, hi Peter - hope you are well. Yes, I do remember.....the determined look probably came from managing to steal the cheque book away from Neelam!

Will you (or anyone else) be coming to any of next month's fairs?

9th Jan - Midland

14/15th Jan - York

30th Jan - Wakefield

or maybe down to London on 5th Feb?

Happy New Year to you too.