British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  

Thanks Custard, it justifies the price I paid for the other one quite nicely.

I shall have a quiet word in someones ear about that coin and may well go for it. Thankyou very much for bringing it to my attention.

One of the more imaginative lot descriptions from the same sale...

2s6d Charles I mm triangle, partly double struck so that the King has 2 heads (could have been useful later in his life)GF-AVF"

One of the more imaginative lot descriptions from the same sale...

2s6d Charles I mm triangle, partly double struck so that the King has 2 heads (could have been useful later in his life)GF-AVF"

Now that is a description i like! :D

Chris, you asked about top-notch 1869 pennies a while ago.

There's one listed here

http://www.croydoncoinauctions.co.uk/

(I can't find a direct link)

Click on Auctions (on the left) and then Penny

£2400 for what looks like a stunner.

Another 1869 Penny up for sale!

1869 Penny

Another high grade 1869 penny up for sale. These are said to be quite rare in higher states of preservation and yet they do seem to appear with some regularity.

1869 Penny

pennies i know nothing about but some sure make good money.guess i will need to memorise a few dates in my head of them incase they come along sometime.

Another 1869 penny has surfaced in the Goldberg auction of the Cheshire collection. It is not as nice as others that have been offered and was rejected by NGC for cleaning. Still, it is a high grade example.

Many of the rare dates that are being offered are simply incredible.