British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
sch

german 2 deutfches reich 1938

I have also found a silver coin. on the front is 1847-1934 paul von hindenburg with the image of a male head. the rear says reichs mare with the figure 2 and the image is of the swastika surrounded by a garland with the eagle above. there is writing around the rim but my eyes /german is not good enough to read although there is the date 1938 and visible and small star with a swirl on either side.

also there is 2 x 1940 10 pfennig silver coins

5 pfennig 1924 with ears of corn on the rear

again are this worth keeping..does anyone have an interest?? thanks s

the 1940 10 pfennig is aluminium

the 1924 is weimar coin, and a nice design

the gem is that 2 mark, it IS silver.

i might be interested in that 2 mark, do you have a picture?

the 1940 10 pfennig is aluminium

the 1924 is weimar coin, and a nice design

the gem is that 2 mark, it IS silver.

i might be interested in that 2 mark, do you have a picture?

yep the 1940's coins are aluminium

2 mark looks silver to me! I would attempt to tell you what the lettering around th edge says however my german and the type isnt easy to read

With German coins you should check the mint mark as well as the date. It's a small letter on the coin (in a different place for each design) that indicates which mint struck the coin.

For many designs certain date and mint combinations are scarcer than others. The most common mint mark is usually A (for Berlin).

With German coins you should check the mint mark as well as the date. It's a small letter on the coin (in a different place for each design) that indicates which mint struck the coin.

For many designs certain date and mint combinations are scarcer than others. The most common mint mark is usually A (for Berlin).

I have looked at the coin and ther is a letter J on the face of the coin just below the beginning of the date 1847-1934..presume this is what you mean.

Susan

I have looked at the coin and ther is a letter J on the face of the coin just below the beginning of the date 1847-1934..presume this is what you mean.

Susan

I have tried to upload pictures of coins but files too large even for single photo

Susan

That's it, just behind his neck. J means Hamburg. For 1938 2 Mark they all seem equally common.

For the Weimar coin it's above the wheat sheafs and for the 10pf it should be between the oak leaves below the value.