British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Nikon

1912 H Penny Excellent Shape Value?

Hey there I mostly collect Canadian coins and at an auction recently I picked up a one Penny Coin 1912 H.  It is is amazing shape no wear lots of original ouster, sadly has a finger print on it.  What is the Value, I can't find any decent website to tell me what it might be worth.

1912uk Penny - 1 (1).jpg

1912uk Penny - 2 (1).jpg

Edited by Nikon
album
  • Like 1

It's slightly difficult one. There are three complicating factors:

1. It's not a rare coin (16m were minted).

2. A group of Unc examples was found (?in the 1990s) and have appeared on the market ever since.

3. Their value is nevertheless enhanced by their popularity among collectors for whom a high grade H penny would be out of reach

I would say for insurance purposes, a valuation of £150 - £190 wouldn't be unreasonable, allowing for the fingerprint.

2 hours ago, Nikon said:

so on the open market??  120?

Probably a bit more than that - maybe £150, with a bit of luck. It's a nice coin.