British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
PWA 1967

coin monthly ?.

I was told today that Michael freeman did a series of articles on pennies during the seventies in a coin magazine.

These were possibly in coin monthly although the person who told me was not sure.

Does anyone know if there was just a couple or a regular feature if any at all.

If what i have been told is correct would like to know any dates / months.

Thank you.

Pete.

I will have to assume he did not write any .

Or maybe everyone who has an interest in pennies on here is to young to remember.

I can recall seeing articals.

I will check this evening.

Pete

I haven't found the issues yet but I have so many coin monthlies I will dig out the Freeman bits and will pop them in the post for you.

I've got the September 1973 Coin Monthly and there is an article by John Foan about the pennies of 1860 to 1894 which, from a quick skim, mostly appears to be Michael Freeman's research.

Thank you both for your input.

If you find any peter let me know and i will sort you out.

I was told today that Michael freeman did a series of articles on pennies during the seventies in a coin magazine.

These were possibly in coin monthly although the person who told me was not sure.

Does anyone know if there was just a couple or a regular feature if any at all.

If what i have been told is correct would like to know any dates / months.

Thank you.

Pete.

I don't know whether Michael Freeman wrote any articles for Coin Monthly back in the 1970's, but if he did, they'd certainly make an interesting read now. A couple of years or so back, Rob sold me a few old coin monthly magazines from the late 1960's/early 70's. He might be an excellent source of information on the matter.

Thanks and rob was the first person i asked before i put the thread up.

I am starting to think he didnt write any though as would of thought someone would of seen or recall reading them.