British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

shillingsrfun

Batch of Shillings and Florins ranging from 1839-1919 for sale

I have about 750-800 shilling and florin coins available for sale. I believe they are effectively bullion value although there may be some F and VF coins in this batch. All coins are 95% silver and dates range from 1839 to 1919. Ideally I would like to get a price of 100% to 120% of the silver value. Please contact me if you have any interest in buying.

Thanks, Chris

120% bullion? Let us know If you find a mug.

LOL

120% bullion? Let us know If you find a mug.

Haha :D

I've got 50 £1 coins if anyone wants them for £60? ;)

Bullion coins always seem to sell for more than spot bullion prices on eBay, can't imagine why!

Mine never did! I've sold endless bullion lots of either 100g or 1kg, and never got close to spot! Though in all fairness, if you trawl through 'completed' items of bullion, the figures are pretty consistent! It is possible therefore to make an informed decision about selling the stuff on eBay.

It's unlikely you'll ever sell your bullion stock at 120% on the premise it's unsorted, certainly not on a coin forum at least! ;):)

I am referring to auction items like this, rather than those listed under 'bullion'

link

At the time of typing, this item is already at £33.45 delivered, for what is less than £20 worth of silver. Maybe some collectors actually want them in their collection?!

Edited by Paulus

If you have a lot of bullion scrap and want to melt it down and have it recast into bars etc I can recommend a friend off facebook who does exactly that with scrap Silver. Obviously he charges for the service but if you would prefer bars over bags/boxes of scrap it may be worth considering.

If you have a lot of bullion scrap and want to melt it down and have it recast into bars etc I can recommend a friend off facebook who does exactly that with scrap Silver. Obviously he charges for the service but if you would prefer bars over bags/boxes of scrap it may be worth considering.

Is that assayed, non?

Alas no, just stamped by his foundry OSB and the silver content. He is actually building up a nice little business via facebook. I have asked for his feedback on assayed and here is few a pics of the sort of stuff he does with scrap.

post-8826-0-50113200-1441713298_thumb.jppost-8826-0-37229000-1441713338_thumb.jppost-8826-0-79752200-1441713399_thumb.jp

Alas no, just stamped by his foundry OSB and the silver content. He is actually building up a nice little business via facebook. I have asked for his feedback on assayed and here is few a pics of the sort of stuff he does with scrap.

OSB brick.jpg OSB Lion.jpg OSB bar.jpg

Wow, great stuff! Be interesting to hear his feedback on assayed silver? I think it's just a case of sending it off????
  • Like 1

Once Ollie gets back to me I wil let you know. I know he is studying Metallurgy at Uni.

The feedback was:

It's not assayed but any raw material that is used bullion coins or silver crystals. It's my reputation that holds it, and I challenge anyone to get any piece of my work assayed. It costs £24 plus postage to assay each item.

Love those lego bricks, that's pretty cool.

Here is the link to his facebook group if you are on there and want to take a look/speak with him:

OSB

I sent some scrap pre 1920 off to Ollie and got back 4 bars of sterling, each containing an ounce of Ag. Larger chunks like that seem to be more popular than pre 20 silver coins!

Here is the link to his facebook group if you are on there and want to take a look/speak with him:

OSB

Bring him onto the forum :)

Is Ollie an original member on the forum?

Love those lego bricks, that's pretty cool.

Agreed, but you might need 2 tons of coins to make a bucket up :D

• Like 1

No Peter, that was another Oliver.