British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Nonmortuus

Nons "What crap has he bought this time?" Thread.....

You haven't. It's just the two things appeared a**e about face for normality. People will pick up on anything around here. Foot in mouth is a common disease around here.

Edited by Rob

"Trust me.. never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or fucks - lease it!"

'tis the plan for the next one.

• Like 1

It's interesting, we will all have different priorities for our own finite pots of money. Perhaps it's whatever gives us the most bang for the buck (to build on Damian's quote above).

I'm a sucker for engine noise, steering feel and a capable chassis...

Back to Non's coins - the 1817 halfcrown is my favourite. Just lovely!

Thanks Stuntman, that was an ebay bargin, partially down to the fact the seller (who is 'well known' for toned coins) had taken some pictures of the coin that I did not believe relected what it actually looked like. Having seen some of their ebay pictures versus what their coins look like in hand at coin fairs I was confident it was not as bad as the picture made out. It is not EF but it is vertainly a gVF and I got it for about £50!

Always good when that happens. After a while you start to get an idea of what coins actually look like based on the type of picture that's there, when I started out I thought all scanned coins were no-gos because I though they were pictures and that they look rubbish!

Leaps and bounds eh? haha

• Like 1

It's interesting, we will all have different priorities for our own finite pots of money. Perhaps it's whatever gives us the most bang for the buck (to build on Damian's quote above).

It's a car I've admired for a good while. As it goes, the '06 models are still up at around £15k - £20k which is good going for the age IMO. I drive an RX8, good fun until it starts to whinge. These depreciated massively as no one wants to run them :o

Anyway sorry for the thread hijack Nons. You mentioned a couple are slightly down on grade but you're picking up coins with decent eye appeal IMHO. Can't beat a bit of good honest toning.

It's a car I've admired for a good while. As it goes, the '06 models are still up at around £15k - £20k which is good going for the age IMO. I drive an RX8, good fun until it starts to whinge. These depreciated massively as no one wants to run them :o

Anyway sorry for the thread hijack Nons. You mentioned a couple are slightly down on grade but you're picking up coins with decent eye appeal IMHO. Can't beat a bit of good honest toning.

Nons has a great eye for a coin imo, he has come a long way in a short time :)

• Like 1

It was nice to meet you briefly at the Midland Coin Fair, there is almost something of interest, and its the quarterly 'biggie' in December.

Decent coins.

Jerry

Nice coins again Non, I do like the shilling.

I'm hoping to get to the December Midland fair. What makes it a biggie?

I've yet to attend myself Stuntman, but every 3 months they have more dealers and more space, December being the next of those

There's 2 spaces at the Midland that they use, and every 3 months they set up in the bigger room. It was a surprise to me the first time because I didn't know about the room change and I nearly walked into a stamp fair I think it was!

My latest edition, a 1902 circulation Halfcrown

1902-hc.jpg

Edited by Nonmortuus
  • Like 5

Very tasty. Most envious!

Nons.

This thread needs locking.

Lovely HC

Nons.

This thread needs locking.

I agree. Or at least renaming to 'what jewels has he bought...' :)

Beautiful coins, Nons.

I know less than nowt 'bout bronze, but that Teddy 7 ha'penny looks lovely.

A couple of newbies. I need to work on my photographs as they do the coins no justice:

A 1913 Halfcrown has proved to be a pain in the bum to find:

1913-hc.jpg

This one is courtesy of Rob and is my first early milled/pre 1816 example:

1758-shilling.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice coins, Nons - ace pics, too. That '13 looks a wee bit nicer than mine - and more proof that I need a proper bloody light source!

Thanks Frank, The coins do look far nicer in hand, I just bought another daylight lamp so need a few hours one night to play around with my pictures. The ones above were just taken with the flash on and aimed above the coin.

• Like 1

Is that the 1913 you were looking at from Ian? Lovely coin, I'm not surprised you went back for it.

Jerry