British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Michael-Roo

The Nicholson Halfpenny Collection.

www.farthingshalfpennyerrors.com/ rather than the address above, how i manage that i don't no.

Hi Joseph!

If a novice doesn't know his way around the mules (or otherwise) of this series, then he really shouldn't be buying them in the first place!

It's one thing to intentionally deceive with a bit of spit and polish, or a shoddy photo, but altogether a different thing for someone to believe they have a variety and call it such. It is then for the buyer to do his homework and decide for himself. Probably not the playground of the novice...IMHO!

I also think a full refund is more than reasonable, again IMHO!

Hi Joe. I didn't buy hoping it was the mule as, to me, it obviously wasn't and so knew the seller had misidentified the date (as mentioned by Scott it's a 1697). I bought it for what I had noticed as something unusual going on underneath the B of Britannia.

I'm not a novice, and the early milled copper series has been an interest of mine for decades. I do know your site too and have had it bookmarked for some time. I have many of the varieties you list AND several which you don't! ;)

Here's a close up of the B…...

post-8388-0-65692400-1439470587_thumb.jp

I have variates that are not listed anywhere :P

i would say its a B due to the length of the line under the B itself.

Edited by scott

If you look at the curved bar beneath the lower loop of the B, it exactly follows the shape of the right leg of the R.

The little shape sticking out from behind the top right corner of the B's upright doesn't match the overlaying letter either.

post-8388-0-84553400-1439482014_thumb.jp

post-8388-0-43547500-1439482034_thumb.jp

yes I did see all that, but the lower bar makes no sense as part of an R

Very interesting indeed, i expect if all the Farthing & Halfpenny anomaly's were to be listed ( if all know ) in one book it would be bigger than a standard annual Spinks catalog.

Good luck with your collecting.

yea... trying on that.. people keep outbidding me on the good stuff or interesting stuff >.>